National truck shows – come on! You know you love ’em! Where else can you be among your peeps and “geek” about everything truck without getting the funny stares? Plus, many of these shows are industry-driven shows, put on to bring you the latest and greatest trucking industry technology and news. They’re the trucking industry’s trade shows, where industry leaders and truckers meet to exchange everything from tips and information to job and networking opportunities. 2013 has a year chock full of national truck shows, so there will plenty of fun – and chewing of the business fat – to be had. How about I help you decide which ones you want to attend? Take a look at the major shows planned:
MID-AMERICA TRUCKING SHOW – March 21 to 23, 2013
Since 1972, the Mid-America Trucking Show has brought heavy-duty trucking industry leaders and heavy-duty truckers together in one place to keep the heavy-duty trucking industry rolling on the road with new products and ideas. Highlights of this year’s show include:
- PKY Truck Beauty Championship – That’s right! A beauty contest for trucks!
- FLEET Forum – for you industry leaders and VIPs
- Trucking-Oriented Seminars – featuring industry experts discussing the things you need to know
- MATS Free Concert – headlined by Randy Houser
- HDMA Breakfast and Briefing – featuring Navistar President and COO Mr. Troy Clarke
Registration Information: The Mid-America Trucking Show is going to be held at the Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville, Kentucky. The hours of the show are Thursday, March 21 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Friday, March 22 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday March 23 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call (502) 899-3892 or click here to register.
ATHS NATIONAL CONVENTION and ANTIQUE SHOW – May 30 to June 1, 2013
If you’ve got a passion for antique trucks, this is the show for you. The American Truck Historical Society is, as its mission statement says, “Dedicated to preserving the dynamic history of trucks, the trucking industry and its pioneers.” Sounds like a great mission to me! ATHS’ annual convention has scheduled:
- Antique and Showcased Trucks – 600 to 800 trucks from across the nation will be there
- Auction – bid on vintage and modern trucks and equipment
- Vendors – anything truck-related from memorabilia to model trucks to parts goes
Registration Information: The ATHS National Convention and Antique Shoe will be held at the Yakima Valley Sun Dome/State Fair Park in Yakima, Washington. The show runs from Thursday, May 30 through Saturday, June 1, and the daily hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call (816) 891-9900 or click here to download registration forms.
THE GREAT WEST TRUCK SHOW – May 30 to June 1, 2013
Viva Las Vegas! If antique trucks aren’t your thing, but the craps table is, then plan on attending the Great West Truck Show. This national truck show is put on for you heavy and medium-duty truckers, and many industry experts attend this show, just like the Mid-America Trucking Show, to give you the latest in trucking news and equipment. This year’s Great West show will feature:
- Keynote Address – by Dr. Barry Asmus, the National Center for Policy Analysis Senior Economist
- Seminars – topics include OSHA information, safety discussion and leadership skill presentations
- Truck Beauty Contest – Yep! This show has a truck beauty contest, too!
- Vegas Baby! – Enjoy the sights and sounds of Las Vegas when not at the show – just don’t lose your shirt!
Registration Information: The Great West Truck Show will be held at the Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Show hours are Thursday, May 30 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday, May 31 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday, June 1 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Call (888) 349-4287 or click here to register.
GREAT AMERICAN TRUCKING SHOW – August 22 to 24, 2013
The Great American Trucking Show is the second largest national truck show. This show also features industry experts ready and able to answer any questions you might have about the trucking industry, demonstrate their latest products and, of course, job and networking opportunities. This year’s show line-up is still pending at posting date, but judging from last year’s show, you can expect:
- Seminars and Educational Sessions – educational and informative discussions provided by industry leaders
- Truck Beauty Contest – You know your truck will win!
- Commercial Vehicle Outlook Conference – a special conference for fleet execs, dealers and suppliers among other big wigs
- Driver Recruitment Pavilion – search for your next trucking gig
- Free Concerts – TBA as of March … sorry!
- Red Eye Radio Network – Red Eye Radio provides live entertainment and daily cash prizes to attending truckers
Registration Information: The Great American Trucking Show will be held at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas. Show hours are Thursday, August 22 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday, August 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Saturday, August 24 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call (888) 349-4287 or click here to register.