Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100
  1. #1
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In Front Of You
    Trucker?
    11 Years
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked: 166 Times

    Don Baskin Truck Sales

    Anybody had any dealings with Don Baskin Truck Sales near Memphis, Tn.?
    They have a huge inventory of trucks and I was thinking about buying one of them.
    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The shomee
    Trucker?
    Trucker's Significant Other
    Age
    57
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked: 200 Times
    they do seem to be cheaper then anybody else. the only difference ive seen on line is there not as clean, but anyboy can clean a truck.

  3. #3
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In Front Of You
    Trucker?
    11 Years
    Posts
    407
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked: 166 Times
    Yea...they have a bunch of former Wal-Mart trucks in the $20,000 range. I was just wondering if anybody has had any first hand experience with them.

  4. #4
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    AL/TN BORDER
    Trucker?
    12 Years
    Posts
    2,605
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked: 1,101 Times
    the bbb gives them a triple a rating.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to heavyhaulerss For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Road Train Member Krooser's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Trucker?
    40 Years
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,494
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 1,006 Times
    I put a deposit down at Baskin's on '92 Pete 379 after I sold my '90 378 in '03.

    I delivered the 378 to western NE and called Baskin to let him know I was coming for my Pete and he told me he sold it!!!! He never cashed the deposit check so I wasn't out anything but I was a little pissed... but the Pete I found two days later I still own and it has turned out to be the best truck I've ever driven or owned in 38 years in the biz so it all turned out OK.

    That said... I often plug his trucks as they are generally pretty good units... maybe not cosmetically perfect but in good mechanical shape. I have stopped at his lot many times and I'd buy from him in a minute.

    Anybody that pays an extra $10K for a truck at a big dealer because it's shiny and has a questionable warranty is naive... IMHO of course.

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krooser For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    AL/TN BORDER
    Trucker?
    12 Years
    Posts
    2,605
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked: 1,101 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I put a deposit down at Baskin's on '92 Pete 379 after I sold my '90 378 in '03.

    I delivered the 378 to western NE and called Baskin to let him know I was coming for my Pete and he told me he sold it!!!! He never cashed the deposit check so I wasn't out anything but I was a little pissed... but the Pete I found two days later I still own and it has turned out to be the best truck I've ever driven or owned in 38 years in the biz so it all turned out OK.

    That said... I often plug his trucks as they are generally pretty good units... maybe not cosmetically perfect but in good mechanical shape. I have stopped at his lot many times and I'd buy from him in a minute.

    Anybody that pays an extra $10K for a truck at a big dealer because it's shiny and has a questionable warranty is naive... IMHO of course.
    Well I guess it worked out better for you. I will say I can understand the dealer doing this, although it may not be right. I have another business besides trucking & have takin deposits from people who have changed their mind about what they thought they wanted. after so many folks wanting their money back & me explaining to them, that I just turned away a lot of people who wanted the item you wanted, now I am out a sale. I dont hold anything. I think the dealer has most likely had people find a better deal & then renig on a promise to purchase an agreed on truck, so they figure whoever is here first & can complete the deal, the truck is theirs.

  9. #7
    Road Train Member Krooser's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Trucker?
    40 Years
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,494
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 1,006 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss View Post
    Well I guess it worked out better for you. I will say I can understand the dealer doing this, although it may not be right. I have another business besides trucking & have takin deposits from people who have changed their mind about what they thought they wanted. after so many folks wanting their money back & me explaining to them, that I just turned away a lot of people who wanted the item you wanted, now I am out a sale. I dont hold anything. I think the dealer has most likely had people find a better deal & then renig on a promise to purchase an agreed on truck, so they figure whoever is here first & can complete the deal, the truck is theirs.
    Well he had $500.00 of my money on a $9,000.00 deal... in my way of thinking that unit was sold... and I was coming to get it 5 days after I signed the papers.

    When I sold trucks for a living we kept our word...

    But as I said I'd buy from him...

  10. #8
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    AL/TN BORDER
    Trucker?
    12 Years
    Posts
    2,605
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked: 1,101 Times
    Your correct in I think the same way. a hand shake is what I will keep my promise on, but $500.00 on a $9000,00 deal is not one that will hold with many. what if you came back & asked for the money back, or just said you cannot go thru with the deal, for whatever reason. I would expect if you had a completed deal with anyone, THEN they should know you are a man of your word. it's just the way it works out here. ya know I had a friend of mine have the exact same thing happen to him. my other friend boughtthe truck the other on was promised. he was mad at the dealer. it was a $20,000 truck. later found out that the truck had a bull gear or a crank gear tooth broke off, found out when replacing oil pan. 1 month after purchase. cost over 4 grand for used gears. so the guy that had the truck sold out from under him, turned out to be the lucky one. your situation may be the same. never know. but it;s good you got what your happy with.

  11. #9
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked: 334 Times
    I got my truck from them, it's turned out to be a good one. my dealings with their place was positive.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigray For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Road Train Member Krooser's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Trucker?
    40 Years
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,494
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 1,006 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss View Post
    Your correct in I think the same way. a hand shake is what I will keep my promise on, but $500.00 on a $9000,00 deal is not one that will hold with many. what if you came back & asked for the money back, or just said you cannot go thru with the deal, for whatever reason. I would expect if you had a completed deal with anyone, THEN they should know you are a man of your word. it's just the way it works out here. ya know I had a friend of mine have the exact same thing happen to him. my other friend boughtthe truck the other on was promised. he was mad at the dealer. it was a $20,000 truck. later found out that the truck had a bull gear or a crank gear tooth broke off, found out when replacing oil pan. 1 month after purchase. cost over 4 grand for used gears. so the guy that had the truck sold out from under him, turned out to be the lucky one. your situation may be the same. never know. but it;s good you got what your happy with.
    But when the signed contract states I will pick up the truck within 7 days and he sells it before that 7 days is up....

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •