Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 191 of 731 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 7308
  1. #1901
    Trucker wheathauler's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hutch, Kansas
    Trucker?
    38 Years
    Posts
    2,021
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked: 570 Times
    It's also taken to ethanol plants to make ethanol.


  2. #1902
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked: 12 Times
    What are the companies out there that one can get on with, for this kind of work ? I currently haul pneumatic bulkers, but am thinking of a slight change to expand my horizons. Thanks.

  3. #1903
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    aircap, Ks.
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,540
    Thanks
    706
    Thanked: 2,529 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by wheathauler View Post
    Hauling milo today. Sign on the elevator door said we are full...so hauling milo out of there to Hutch. Should start cutting milo sometime this week. Looks like could be a wet week unfortunately.
    Have noticed this past week or two going down 50 that west of Halstead road hardly anything has been cut. East of Newton, they are nearly done. They must have got a whole lot more rain around Hutchinson than farther east.

    Into DeBruce with beans today. Tomorrow, its back to the Walton bunker for me...!

  4. #1904
    Hopper Thread Greeter dairyman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,218
    Thanks
    2,096
    Thanked: 920 Times
    cowdoc,... rice feilds drying out any this week? how bad are the beans hurt? wheathauler,.. ever haul ddg made from milo? if so,does it flow out of hopper any better than corn ? i had a good day today,2 loads goin,,,2 loads back! why can't they all be like this? we could actually make a livin. most everyone around here finishing up with beans,all the farmers in western ky. happy with yeilds, they are switching over to corn now. DeBruce river terminal at Maceo was busy,1 pit beans,1 pit corn, corn line twice as long as beans. my dispatcher at DeBruce said they have used 60,000 gal. of propane since oct 1st. ,i guess everones corn is still wet. hope everyone has a profitable and safe week.
    graymist,... try Boyd Grain if your close to southern in. one of their drivers said they were hireing,i don't know for sure. i think they are out of washington,in.

  5. #1905
    Trucker wheathauler's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hutch, Kansas
    Trucker?
    38 Years
    Posts
    2,021
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked: 570 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansas View Post
    Have noticed this past week or two going down 50 that west of Halstead road hardly anything has been cut. East of Newton, they are nearly done. They must have got a whole lot more rain around Hutchinson than farther east.

    Into DeBruce with beans today. Tomorrow, its back to the Walton bunker for me...!
    Don't envy you going to bunker. Those short hauls can be a bear physically.

    Quote Originally Posted by dairyman View Post
    cowdoc,... rice feilds drying out any this week? how bad are the beans hurt? wheathauler,.. ever haul ddg made from milo? if so,does it flow out of hopper any better than corn ? i had a good day today,2 loads goin,,,2 loads back! why can't they all be like this? we could actually make a livin. most everyone around here finishing up with beans,all the farmers in western ky. happy with yeilds, they are switching over to corn now. DeBruce river terminal at Maceo was busy,1 pit beans,1 pit corn, corn line twice as long as beans. my dispatcher at DeBruce said they have used 60,000 gal. of propane since oct 1st. ,i guess everones corn is still wet. hope everyone has a profitable and safe week.
    graymist,... try Boyd Grain if your close to southern in. one of their drivers said they were hireing,i don't know for sure. i think they are out of washington,in.
    Haven't hauled any DDG's. If it is like the wet the only difference is the color. Milo is reddish and corn is yellowish.

  6. #1906
    Hopper Thread Greeter dairyman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ky.,wait'n in line
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,218
    Thanks
    2,096
    Thanked: 920 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by wheathauler View Post
    Don't envy you going to bunker. Those short hauls can be a bear physically.



    Haven't hauled any DDG's. If it is like the wet the only difference is the color. Milo is reddish and corn is yellowish.
    do you haul any feed ingredients,or just grain?

  7. #1907
    Trucker wheathauler's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hutch, Kansas
    Trucker?
    38 Years
    Posts
    2,021
    Thanks
    601
    Thanked: 570 Times
    I haul mainly grain. I haven't the dubious pleasure of hauling feed ingredients.

  8. #1908
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked: 12 Times
    What would be the ideal truck specs for hauling hoppers ? I pull super b pneumatic bulkers ( 138,000 lbs gvw approx ), and our trucks are 18spd, heavy frames, 13.2 fronts & 46 rears, 475 ISX or 475 Cat, ratios of either 4.10 / 4.11 / 4.33, with set-back front axle, and wheelbase not exceeding 224". Mind you, these are essentially work trucks ( both T800s and Volvos ), and not exactly "pimped out" like some of the large cars.

    Also, the 5th wheel height is 52".

  9. #1909
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Owensboro , KY
    Trucker?
    35 Years
    Posts
    12,815
    Thanks
    1,966
    Thanked: 6,003 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Graymist View Post
    What are the companies out there that one can get on with, for this kind of work ? I currently haul pneumatic bulkers, but am thinking of a slight change to expand my horizons. Thanks.
    Where re you located ? I drive for a Quality Carriers affiliate . We don't haul gas but I consider our loads better . We run dedicated tankers and in most cases customers on both ends do all the loading and unloading work . I don't even touch a hose . Most of my loads are preloaded and dropped at the terminal for me .

  10. #1910
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    147
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked: 12 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by RickG View Post
    Where re you located ? I drive for a Quality Carriers affiliate . We don't haul gas but I consider our loads better . We run dedicated tankers and in most cases customers on both ends do all the loading and unloading work . I don't even touch a hose . Most of my loads are preloaded and dropped at the terminal for me .
    I will be moving to the western PA region, not too far from Pittsburgh. I would certainly appreciate some info about Quality from your side. Thanks a tonne.
    Last edited by Graymist; 11.11.2009 at 01.24 PM.

Page 191 of 731 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291691 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •