Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89
  1. #31
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Mission, British Columbia
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked: 33 Times
    hey KJW, which company is that? I might be interested in the coal hauling job.

  2. #32
    Road Train Member Prairie Boy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Trucker?
    50 Years
    Posts
    2,514
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked: 1,238 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by lostNfound View Post
    Sounds like a good idea.


    You get your trucks to where they needed to be?
    Bobtailing a KW with a Texas Bed to Denver in the AM and flying back. Got 4 loaded out the day you called. They are all headed for New Mexico.

  3. #33
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Trucker?
    25 Years
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked: 55 Times

    Stewart

    I assume you are referring to the Maple Leaf Loading haul from Yukon Zinc:

    http://www.mlloading.com/index.php/a...ontracts/yzoch

    Yukon Zinc is owned by Jinduicheng Molybdenum Group in the People's Republic of China.

    The Stewart-Cassiar Highway between Watson Lake and Stewart is a tough drive in winter. There can be a tremendous amount of snow. There will be delays and the occasional highway closure. A 9 axle B-Train is do-able on that road (but no picnic by any stretch of the imagination). The tri-axle tractor and A-train setup that Maple Leaf is proposing is asking for trouble if you ask me. Somebody on this forum mentioned that they had put a truck into the lake at the Bear Glacier. I wonder if it was a Maple Leaf truck. There are a few trucks sitting at the bottom of that lake. One of those trucks was in front of me when it was washed into the lake by an avalanche a few years ago.

    $325/day is not enough, even if houses in Stewart are very cheap (the town is mostly abandoned).
    Last edited by Runawayscreaming; 11.25.2011 at 12.26 AM.

  4. #34
    Road Train Member Prairie Boy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Trucker?
    50 Years
    Posts
    2,514
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked: 1,238 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Runawayscreaming View Post
    I assume you are referring to the the Maple Leaf Loading haul from Yukon Zinc:

    http://www.mlloading.com/index.php/a...ontracts/yzoch

    Yukon Zinc is owned by Jinduicheng Molybdenum Group in the People's Republic of China.

    The Stewart-Cassiar Highway between Watson Lake and Stewart is a tough drive in winter. There can be a tremendous amount of snow. There will be delays and the occasional highway closure. A 9 axle B-Train is do-able on that road (but no picnic by any stretch of the imagination). The trailer setup that Maple Leaf is proposing is asking for trouble if you ask me. Somebody on this forum mentioned that they had put a truck into the lake at the Bear Glacier. I wonder if it was a Maple Leaf truck. There are a few trucks sitting at the bottom of that lake. One of those trucks was in front of me when it was washed into the lake by an avalanche a few years ago.

    $325/day is not enough, even if houses in Stewart are very cheap (the town is mostly abandoned).
    Is that the old Faro minesite??? Between Ross River and Carmacks???

  5. #35
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Trucker?
    25 Years
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked: 55 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Boy View Post
    Is that the old Faro minesite??? Between Ross River and Carmacks???
    The Wolverine Mine (aka Yukon Zinc) is halfway between Ross River and Watson Lake. It's a 190 kilometer drive from Watson Lake.

  6. #36
    Road Train Member Prairie Boy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Trucker?
    50 Years
    Posts
    2,514
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked: 1,238 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Runawayscreaming View Post
    The Wolverine Mine (aka Yukon Zinc) is halfway between Ross River and Watson Lake. It's a 190 kilometer drive from Watson Lake.
    That was opned up in the late 80's didn;t it??

  7. #37
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Trucker?
    25 Years
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked: 55 Times
    The ore body is a new discovery from the 90's. The mining permits were issued in 2006 and the mill was finished last year. They are anticipating a 10 year life for the mine in its present state.

  8. #38
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Trucker?
    42 Years
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Boy View Post
    Is that haul from Faro ?
    Hello ex whitepass driver'' I started in 74, spare board.. Im from whitehorse and still trucking..

  9. #39
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    100 mile house
    Trucker?
    15 Years
    Posts
    276
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked: 55 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Runawayscreaming View Post
    I assume you are referring to the Maple Leaf Loading haul from Yukon Zinc:

    http://www.mlloading.com/index.php/a...ontracts/yzoch

    Yukon Zinc is owned by Jinduicheng Molybdenum Group in the People's Republic of China.

    The Stewart-Cassiar Highway between Watson Lake and Stewart is a tough drive in winter. There can be a tremendous amount of snow. There will be delays and the occasional highway closure. A 9 axle B-Train is do-able on that road (but no picnic by any stretch of the imagination). The tri-axle tractor and A-train setup that Maple Leaf is proposing is asking for trouble if you ask me. Somebody on this forum mentioned that they had put a truck into the lake at the Bear Glacier. I wonder if it was a Maple Leaf truck. There are a few trucks sitting at the bottom of that lake. One of those trucks was in front of me when it was washed into the lake by an avalanche a few years ago.

    $325/day is not enough, even if houses in Stewart are very cheap (the town is mostly abandoned).
    it is a maple leaf truck.

  10. #40
    Road Train Member Prairie Boy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Trucker?
    50 Years
    Posts
    2,514
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked: 1,238 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by clinton creek whitepass View Post
    Hello ex whitepass driver'' I started in 74, spare board.. Im from whitehorse and still trucking..
    When I started for White Pass in Oct. \69, Cowboy Smith started on the Faro Ore haul the same da as I did. He pulled a single trailer only, I pulled friggin' A Trains. lol

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast