You know what I hate? bad parking jobs
by, 08.12.2009 at 10.42 PM (676 Views)
I hate drivers who make my day more difficult! You might be wondering, well what could she mean by that? Put your seat belt on because your wish is about to come true!
My most annoying drivers list!!!
1) The lazy driver: we have all seen this type he parks at the end of a row that's not even a parking spot, making it harder for everyone else to get around. This does not just happen in the middle of the night. That I can understand. I'm more talking about the I will only be in there for about an hour or two, then you see him coming back out with his shower bag in hand looking full of food and ready for a nap.
2) Fuel Island blocker: we all hate this guy, but no one will ever fess up to having done it. WONDER why that is? I have done this, but only in the middle of the night when the fuel island wasn't busy. This fellow well park there and go in to grab a bit to eat he usually hits up all the Pilots, Love's, and TA's as long as they have to call out your order by # he is all over it. No the line is not because comdata went down, its because Johnnie wanted a big mac!
3) Don't know how to back Jack: this is usually a spot that the rookies and tired driver hold. I have been in both cases as I'm sure we all have. But it's one thing to take your time and get it right, a completely different thing to know you are blocking a line of drivers trying to get around you. All you have to do is sit still for a minute and let some people through! Then feel free to take all the time you need to get it right.
4) Rest area double parkers: I really don't understand this one. Do you know that after you pull thru you can put your truck into reverse and straighten it out????? I do it all the time, what's your glitch?
5) No lines, No luck: We all like truckstops that have paved lots with lines for guiding us, but when the lines dissapear you don't have to lose your mind!! I can tell if I am taking up too much room and if I am straight by looking at the other trucks around me. Why is this so difficult?? Time and time again you will see that if the lines are not there drivers will park willy nilly. And you can see that if every one would move just a little bit so they are straight, you could usually fit in 5 more trucks. This also hapens at countless company yards as well. I dont know if its just drivers being lazy or if they just dont know any better. If you come out and you see your truck is parked differntly than every one else, maybe you should fix it.
I can't be the only one who still has manners and cares for fellow drivers. And I know I am not the only one whom takes these issues as a lack of respect for your fellow driver as well. We all complain about it so who is doing this? And could you please stop, you really are spoiling my day.