Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Jobs in europe

  1. #1
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Trucker?
    5 Years
    Age
    38
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times

    Jobs in europe

    Does anyone if it easy to get a job as a truck driver in Europe?

    Thanks in advance.


  2. #2
    Road Train Member Mrs T's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    planet earth
    Trucker?
    Trucker Wife
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    1,336
    Thanked: 1,409 Times
    Yes if you are from Poland or Lithuania and prepared to work for buttons.
    If not, these are the guys who do get work, so be prepared to run illegallly to compete!!

  3. #3
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Owensboro , KY
    Trucker?
    35 Years
    Posts
    12,816
    Thanks
    1,966
    Thanked: 5,996 Times
    Canada will take you . Google Canada immigration truck driver .

  4. #4
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Trucker?
    9 Years
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 2 Times
    No,.. at the moment it's not easy to gat a well payed driving job in Europe...

  5. #5
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 2 Times
    Sure it is, play dumb, drive like a fool and make no money just say ja to every question they ask you.

  6. #6
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    brookfield,il
    Trucker?
    26 Years
    Age
    53
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked: 9 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs T View Post
    Yes if you are from Poland or Lithuania and prepared to work for buttons.
    If not, these are the guys who do get work, so be prepared to run illegallly to compete!!
    That is the absolute truth!!!! Now the same is happening in the US with those unqualified cheap scabs!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Bobtail Member DieselDemon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bedford U.K.
    Trucker?
    33 Years
    Age
    59
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked: 23 Times

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by fired up trucker View Post
    That is the absolute truth!!!! Now the same is happening in the US with those unqualified cheap scabs!!!!!!
    I blame the companies who employ them,they haven't realised what they save in pay is nothing compared to damage claims and insurance premium costs.

  8. #8
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UK
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs T View Post
    Yes if you are from Poland or Lithuania and prepared to work for buttons.
    If not, these are the guys who do get work, so be prepared to run illegallly to compete!!
    Hi there, I donít really understand where do you get these narrow-minded stereotypes; I was born in Lithuania; lived in the UK for the last 12-13 years, have always been employed loyal tax payer, respect British laws, people and their culture and I never have worked for buttons (my current salary is around £29K) neither Iíve ever broke the law. You should analyze the bigger picture before making such judgements.

    Regards,
    Rob

  9. #9
    Road Train Member Mrs T's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    planet earth
    Trucker?
    Trucker Wife
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,570
    Thanks
    1,336
    Thanked: 1,409 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by rksuk View Post
    Hi there, I donít really understand where do you get these narrow-minded stereotypes; I was born in Lithuania; lived in the UK for the last 12-13 years, have always been employed loyal tax payer, respect British laws, people and their culture and I never have worked for buttons (my current salary is around £29K) neither Iíve ever broke the law. You should analyze the bigger picture before making such judgements.

    Regards,
    Rob
    I don't think its a narrow minded sterotype.

    I work in a London ER, and the vast majority of trucking accidents I see here involve drivers from Eastern Europe, mostly Romania, Bulgaria, and Lithuania.
    I also see them drive. Some realise that the English drive on the left, and some don't!

  10. #10
    Light Load Member R660's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Europe, Estonia
    Trucker?
    3 Years
    Age
    25
    Posts
    95
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked: 33 Times
    I`ve sayed it before. Things will not improve for the "developed" Europe before there are equal living standards (salaries) in most of the Europe`s countries. The salary you call "buttons" can be a high salary in less developed countries and it could mean a decent living: owning a house, car, children educated etc. Because things are cheaper too. Especially real estate. Don`t want to insult or anything, but go learn economics if you don`t understand the processes. It is not Eastern Europe`s fault that Russia ###### our/their economy for 50 years. Sucked everything out of these countries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast