Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Light Load Member Shadowed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Age
    44
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked: 83 Times

    Landstar info pack questions

    Hey guys n gals I have a couple of quick questions. I just received the landstar info pack. Does the gross on the inbound and out bound loads include the fuel surcharge? Also does the gross include the tarp pay if required? Lastly what kind of fuel discount are you receiving?

    Thanks in advance for the answers

  2. #2
    Road Train Member broncrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    somewhere drinkin beer probaly.....
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,591
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked: 3,126 Times
    My Truckers Blog
    1
    it all depends how the agent put i in the system.......occasionly you can find a load where it is not in the gross per mile (at the bottom in the comments it will say plus FSC, tarp, s/o ect) but more often than not, yes its all figured into the gross per mile......but broken out for pay purposes

    fuel discounts vary alot....from .02 (at a certian loves) to as high as .25 (at a TA with cost plus)
    theres even alot of places where we dont get a discount at all

    ask away and be patient....most of us are either working, or trying to

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to broncrider For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Light Load Member kelgar50's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield,CA
    Trucker?
    16 Years
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 88 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by broncrider View Post
    it all depends how the agent put i in the system.......occasionly you can find a load where it is not in the gross per mile (at the bottom in the comments it will say plus FSC, tarp, s/o ect) but more often than not, yes its all figured into the gross per mile......but broken out for pay purposes

    fuel discounts vary alot....from .02 (at a certian loves) to as high as .25 (at a TA with cost plus)
    theres even alot of places where we dont get a discount at all

    ask away and be patient....most of us are either working, or trying to
    Yes and no you have to ask the agent what the breakdown is and make sure they break it out.Some will not break it out unless asked. They do not atomatically break it down.

    pm me I will give you a link to a site full of info.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to kelgar50 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Light Load Member whoopNride's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miss.
    Trucker?
    26 Years
    Age
    48
    Posts
    205
    Thanks
    412
    Thanked: 114 Times
    So B.RonCrider when did soaking down cool ones get classified as work??

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to whoopNride For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Road Train Member broncrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    somewhere drinkin beer probaly.....
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,591
    Thanks
    1,896
    Thanked: 3,126 Times
    My Truckers Blog
    1
    kelgar...........shhhhhh..dont tell him where our super secret hidaout is!!

    whoop n ride.....hey now ive been at "work" for at least 3 days now....almost

  9. #6
    Light Load Member Shadowed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Age
    44
    Posts
    244
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked: 83 Times
    thanks guys for the answers.. How is flatbed frieght looking with Landstar?

  10. #7
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Age
    36
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked: 37 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
    thanks guys for the answers.. How is flatbed frieght looking with Landstar?
    Thats what I'm curious about.

  11. #8
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Trucker?
    0-1 Year
    Age
    33
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 10 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by kelgar50 View Post
    Yes and no you have to ask the agent what the breakdown is and make sure they break it out.Some will not break it out unless asked. They do not atomatically break it down.

    pm me I will give you a link to a site full of info.
    Can you pm me that link Kelgar? I cannot pm and I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row and get on with landstar come the winter pulling a step, maybe flat. Thanks.

  12. #9
    Light Load Member kelgar50's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield,CA
    Trucker?
    16 Years
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 88 Times
    Im not with Landstar anymore I canceled my contract with them back in april.
    Don't get me wrong I like Landstar I made good money with them and really enjoyed the freedom that comes with being leased to them.The reason I left is due to the lack of stepdeck and flatbed freight and the rates went into the toilet.They have lost some good accounts and agents due to the big companies coming in and slashing the rates to next to nothing.
    If the economy turns around I will go back over there for sure....that is if I don't sell my stepdeck and truck first.

  13. #10
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Trucker?
    10 Years
    Age
    41
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 0 Times
    Hey kelgar could u pm me that info. I don't have enough posts to pm u so pm me the link with all the info. Thx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast