Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Trucker?
    WannaBe
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked: 2 Times

    How much do experienced drivers make a year in the ND oilfields

    How much do they make a year?


  2. #2
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Location
    dickinson, nd
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked: 2 Times
    Its a crapshoot, lots of varibles, who has what contract, whats your %, is your % off net or gross, e-logs or coloring book. Anywhere between 50k - 80k for for predictable employment, up to about 120k with alot of experiance working at a smaller and less secure company.

  3. #3
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Trucker?
    29 Years
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 71 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by cao9924 View Post
    How much do they make a year?
    We had a driver come up here last year and started at 19/hr. He was able to gross 82k (after a couple of raises and a 3/hr nighttime differential). Experienced drivers can easily gross 130k+.

  4. #4
    Road Train Member mje's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Trucker?
    No
    Posts
    1,583
    Thanks
    15,124
    Thanked: 874 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityMike View Post
    We had a driver come up here last year and started at 19/hr. He was able to gross 82k (after a couple of raises and a 3/hr nighttime differential). Experienced drivers can easily gross 130k+.
    Hopefully these experienced drivers who are making this kind of money are putting as much of it away as possible. The "money tree" can quickly dry up with changes in the economy, possible job lay offs, or God forbid, terminations.

  5. #5
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Age
    48
    Posts
    9,286
    Thanks
    224
    Thanked: 2,752 Times
    considering that the cost of a roof over your head is much higher. and there's really not a lot to blow your money on out there. as compared to the bigger cities in the south.

    but i guess if you absolutely WANT to blow your money. still won't be a problem.

  6. #6
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sawyer, MI
    Trucker?
    16 Years
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked: 57 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityMike View Post
    We had a driver come up here last year and started at 19/hr. He was able to gross 82k (after a couple of raises and a 3/hr nighttime differential). Experienced drivers can easily gross 130k+.
    Tell me about this easy 130k. Where are these drivers working and what's your idea of easy?

  7. #7
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Trucker?
    29 Years
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 71 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by MP3 > CB View Post
    Tell me about this easy 130k. Where are these drivers working and what's your idea of easy?
    32/ hr and up. OT after 40. 72-84 hrs per week. 10 years+ experience in hazmat tanks. Squeaky clean driving record. Everything in the oil field is negotiable.

  8. #8
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sawyer, MI
    Trucker?
    16 Years
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked: 57 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityMike View Post
    32/ hr and up. OT after 40. 72-84 hrs per week. 10 years+ experience in hazmat tanks. Squeaky clean driving record. Everything in the oil field is negotiable.
    I don't know how "easy" 10+ years in one field, is. I don't see anyone on Craigslist offering $32/hr and time and a half over 40. I'm sure it's out there, I'm just questioning the easy part. I talked to a water hauler the other day who claimed he grossed $160k last year. I don't know if he did or he didn't but driving around the clock on rough roads living in your truck and only taking naps is a pretty miserable existence and I can only imagine the short days of winter, sub zero temperatures, icy roads and white outs.

  9. #9
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Dakota
    Trucker?
    29 Years
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 71 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by MP3 > CB View Post
    I don't know how "easy" 10+ years in one field, is. I don't see anyone on Craigslist offering $32/hr and time and a half over 40. I'm sure it's out there, I'm just questioning the easy part. I talked to a water hauler the other day who claimed he grossed $160k last year. I don't know if he did or he didn't but driving around the clock on rough roads living in your truck and only taking naps is a pretty miserable existence and I can only imagine the short days of winter, sub zero temperatures, icy roads and white outs.
    You will not find the higher paying, better equipment, better living condition jobs advertised on CL or most anywhere else. To negotiate a 32/hr+ position you will need to be in front of someone and have the experience that they are looking for. The position that I outlined also included free housing and medical insurance. It is all negotiable.

  10. #10
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sawyer, MI
    Trucker?
    16 Years
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked: 57 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityMike View Post
    You will not find the higher paying, better equipment, better living condition jobs advertised on CL or most anywhere else. To negotiate a 32/hr+ position you will need to be in front of someone and have the experience that they are looking for. The position that I outlined also included free housing and medical insurance. It is all negotiable.
    Name a couple companies for us. You don't have to tell us yours. One thing I wonder about is crude oil versus a more specialty skill like wireline, and who knows what. One may be better off adding something besides driving to their resume.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •