Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 2012 587 Pete's

  1. #1
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle Wa
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times

    2012 587 Pete's

    Ive Just signed a 3 year lease with the new 2012 587 Pete.
    Im having hard time getting fuel mileage above 7.0 .
    Ive drove 58-62mph all i can get is 6.7-6.9.
    Please Note this truck has been reduced under Primes restrictions.
    Any ideas of how i can improve this situation?
    Thanks


  2. #2
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked: 28 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCity View Post
    Ive Just signed a 3 year lease with the new 2012 587 Pete.
    Im having hard time getting fuel mileage above 7.0 .
    Ive drove 58-62mph all i can get is 6.7-6.9.
    Please Note this truck has been reduced under Primes restrictions.
    Any ideas of how i can improve this situation?
    Thanks
    Im not sure what you mean by "has been reduced". Are you saying that Prime had the truck governed or remapped to a lower power output?
    6.7 to 6.9 seems retty good for a new motor that still has a lot of internal friction during the break in process.

  3. #3
    Medium Load Member roehl929's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Trucker?
    4 Years
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked: 162 Times
    I have to ask what your payment is a week, I already know roughly but I just want to hear it. Ps give your truck time to break In before you expect any real consistent fuel mileage out of it.

    I'm guessing its about 1100$ a week

  4. #4
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    6,024
    Thanks
    1,305
    Thanked: 6,598 Times
    It takes a while for new engines to break in. Once you get about 150,000 miles on the engine you should see fuel mileage go up. Contrary to what some may think, reducing the speed on trucks will not always improve fuel economy. Sometimes they burn more fuel at lower speeds.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to G/MAN For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Medium Load Member roehl929's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Trucker?
    4 Years
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked: 162 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by G/MAN View Post
    It takes a while for new engines to break in. Once you get about 150,000 miles on the engine you should see fuel mileage go up. Contrary to what some may think, reducing the speed on trucks will not always improve fuel economy. Sometimes they burn more fuel at lower speeds.
    True and it also depends on terrain and weight. If your 44k and going down I 77 the best thing you can do is keep your foot in it. Flat land with less than 30k you can normally keep your rpms in between 12 of 1300 and do pretty well but like g man said every truck is different

  7. #6
    Road Train Member crzyjarmans's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    some where in America
    Trucker?
    20 Years
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked: 536 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCity View Post
    Ive Just signed a 3 year lease with the new 2012 587 Pete.
    Im having hard time getting fuel mileage above 7.0 .
    Ive drove 58-62mph all i can get is 6.7-6.9.
    Please Note this truck has been reduced under Primes restrictions.
    Any ideas of how i can improve this situation?
    Thanks
    Are you a troll?, 6.7-6.9 not bad, if someone telling you they get better, concider the sorce

  8. #7
    Medium Load Member roehl929's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Trucker?
    4 Years
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked: 162 Times
    My truck at 58mph gets 7.3 if I'm heavy 7.6 if I'm light. My overall avg is 7.2 for the last 12000 miles. 6.8 is about right for a new truck

  9. #8
    Medium Load Member roehl929's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Trucker?
    4 Years
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked: 162 Times
    But my motor isn't cut back at all that makes a huge difference.

  10. #9
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle Wa
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by roehl929 View Post
    I have to ask what your payment is a week, I already know roughly but I just want to hear it. Ps give your truck time to break In before you expect any real consistent fuel mileage out of it.

    I'm guessing its about 1100$ a week

    No its less than that, But With fixed costs its over that.

  11. #10
    Medium Load Member roehl929's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, TN
    Trucker?
    4 Years
    Posts
    512
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked: 162 Times
    Good luck man

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •