Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Trucker?
    1 Year
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked: 70 Times

    Company does urine AND hair test?

    I'm about to go to a company orientation and they tell me now that they do both a urine and hair test. Why would they do both? are they bluffing about the hair test part? Thet last company I was with only did urine.
    I know I can pass the urine but the hair i'm not sure about because I took a xanax (anti-anxiety medication) my friend gave me because I was having a panic attack a week and a half ago. If I don't pass will it show up on the DAC or any national drug test DOT thing? Should I shave my whole body?! haha

    Last edited by zoekatya; 04.18.2013 at 04.35 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to zoekatya For This Useful Post:

    mje

  3. #2
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Trucker?
    2 Years
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 13 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoekatya View Post
    I'm about to go to a company orientation and they tell me now that they do both a urine and hair test. Why would they do both? are they bluffing about the hair test part? Thet last company I was with only did urine.
    I know I can pass the urine but the hair i'm not sure about because I took a xanax (anti-anxiety medication) my friend gave me because I was having a panic attack a week and a half ago. Should I shave my whole body?! haha
    Yes do it.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amanzanedo For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Road Train Member Bayle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Trucker?
    6 Years
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    894
    Thanked: 1,213 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoekatya View Post
    I'm about to go to a company orientation and they tell me now that they do both a urine and hair test. Why would they do both? are they bluffing about the hair test part? Thet last company I was with only did urine.
    I know I can pass the urine but the hair i'm not sure about because I took a xanax (anti-anxiety medication) my friend gave me because I was having a panic attack a week and a half ago. Should I shave my whole body?! haha
    They will just send you home if they can't get hair to test.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bayle For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Medium Load Member Drac1985's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland , Ohio
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked: 146 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoekatya View Post
    I know I can pass the urine but the hair i'm not sure about because I took a xanax (anti-anxiety medication) my friend gave me because I was having a panic attack a week and a half ago. Should I shave my whole body?! haha
    When you say your WHOLE body it had better been everywhere. One guy did the shave routine and neglected the hair on his Johnson. Guess where they took their clipping from..

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drac1985 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Trucker?
    1 Year
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked: 70 Times
    If I don't pass will it show up on the DAC or any national drug test DOT thing?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to zoekatya For This Useful Post:

    mje

  11. #6
    Medium Load Member Drac1985's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland , Ohio
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    762
    Thanked: 146 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoekatya View Post
    If I don't pass will it show up on the DAC or any national drug test DOT thing?
    Good question. I am not sure if they keep a record of those that dont pass. Better let someone esle answer that. Anyone??

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drac1985 For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Trucker?
    17 Years
    Posts
    2,602
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 3,665 Times
    Hair tests show history of drug use and some other drugs as a back up to the pee test. The tox panels they use look for common things.

    IF you take something you are not prescribed, then it is dumb. Sorry but I dealt with too many people doing this and costing me money.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ridgeline For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Trucker?
    1 Year
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked: 70 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeline View Post
    Hair tests show history of drug use and some other drugs as a back up to the pee test. The tox panels they use look for common things.

    IF you take something you are not prescribed, then it is dumb. Sorry but I dealt with too many people doing this and costing me money.
    If I don't pass will it show up on the DAC or any national drug test DOT thing? Should I find some other type of work for a bit. I don't want to screw up my record. A lot of company applications ask 'have you ever failed a drug test' if I lied and said no is there any database or record they could check to find out if I lied. Again I am not a drug addict or even a recreational user. I am genuinely concerned about my record.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to zoekatya For This Useful Post:

    mje

  17. #9
    Medium Load Member ShootThis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wondering Where I AM Again???
    Trucker?
    21 Years
    Age
    48
    Posts
    606
    Thanks
    718
    Thanked: 779 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by zoekatya View Post
    I know I can pass the urine but the hair i'm not sure about because I took a xanax (anti-anxiety medication) my friend gave me because I was having a panic attack a week and a half ago.
    No offense intended but why would you do such a stupid thing knowing you where going to try to get a driving job?

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ShootThis For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Trucker?
    1 Year
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    511
    Thanked: 70 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootThis View Post
    No offense intended but why would you do such a stupid thing knowing you where going to try to get a driving job?
    The last company I worked for only did a piss test. I assumed it was the industry standard. I only took one Xanax and didn't know about companies hair testing. I haven't drove for over 8 months. Look I wrote this post because I needed help. Not to be bashed or called stupid people. If you can't answer the question please don't waste my time and yours.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zoekatya For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •