Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86
  1. #41
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland WA
    Trucker?
    24 Years
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,758
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked: 582 Times
    I thought indentured servitude was illegal since colonial days but some trucking outfits seem to be depending on it these days. 8 Mo's in trucking goes by pretty fast and your next opportunity will only be a good one with a clean DAC and DMV print out.

    My company now requires us to keep a long form with us as of about Jan 2 and I also got notice from DMV that they want a copy also. I am told this is now nationwide requirement unless you drive 100% local. Then you can get a exemption.


  2. #42
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Trucker?
    0-1 Year
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked: 2 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPappy View Post
    I can tell you first hand I know EXACTLY what you're going through. I wanted to quit after a month but I knew that I had to stick it out and pay my dues and I also knew that this will all be over in 8 short months.
    Let me help you a lil if I can. You can request a new dispatcher if you like. Depends on where you live, call 1-800-736-2778 and ask to speak to Brooks Dechant. He was my last dispatcher and tell him I (Charles Taylor) told you to call.
    He's a good guy and will try to help you if he can. That's all I can advise right at this point.
    I did my time, was done the week of Christmas 2011 took the week after Christmas off and started with my new company on Jan 4, 2012 running solo and loving it.
    Thanks Papa! This is the kind of info I need!

  3. #43
    Light Load Member KajunTankerYanker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    GrandLake,Louisiana
    Trucker?
    32 Years
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked: 32 Times
    bring contract to a lawyer, A good one can get you out of it ,if you play your cards right

  4. #44
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    central Vermont
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    618
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked: 256 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by anj8488 View Post
    Once he passed orientation he was a CRST employee. Therefore they are holding up their end.
    No they aren't. Employees work, they don't sit around waiting on empty promises. ANY lawyer would be able to "get you out" of this obligation. However, that won't stop these people from ruining your DAC record. And most of the people that get sucked into these situations don't have the cash to hire a lawyer. They set you up.

  5. #45
    Road Train Member anj8488's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Florida
    Trucker?
    7 Years
    Posts
    2,722
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked: 1,275 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by turnanburn View Post
    No they aren't. Employees work, they don't sit around waiting on empty promises. ANY lawyer would be able to "get you out" of this obligation. However, that won't stop these people from ruining your DAC record. And most of the people that get sucked into these situations don't have the cash to hire a lawyer. They set you up.
    Regardless, he is still employed.

  6. #46
    Heavy Load Member Professional-Trucker's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Age
    33
    Posts
    820
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked: 210 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by anj8488 View Post
    Regardless, he is still employed.
    The contract is binding. If you try to sue over that contract, you'll get mauled by the CRST MACHINE.

  7. #47
    Trucker Forum STAFF
    Member Since
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the road less travelled
    Trucker?
    10 Years
    Posts
    10,490
    Thanks
    11,994
    Thanked: 7,590 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by celticwolf View Post
    Actually they have lost almost everyone of those lawsuits.. That being said Schnieder hired my son with 2 months left on his CRST contract. However, he did have prior experience working local beer deliveries and drove OTR for 6 months.

    I would say the OP is SOL on this one unless she can buy out the contract.. Even then she'd be forced to go back to school again since CRST probably won't give her that diploma..


    I'd forgotten your son had been involved with CRST. Did they collect the money they said he owed him after leaving their employ, yet? Did they prorate the amount to be paid considering he'd worked there for 6 months?

    JB Hunt was locked out of hiring CRST contractees by legal action because they were encouraging breaking the contract after 3 months experience, which was enough to get on with JB Hunt. I was told this by several drivers over the years since.

    There was a little more to that one as that company actively pursued trainees unhappy with CRST.

    I know they are on E-logs for close to a year now, too, and everything they do is better than anyone else's way of doing it, according to those who still believe them. I would add that there are things going on, in trying to adjust their business to being able to continue to 'prosper', by buying other operations, lately STI, and by adding expedited refrigerated to their truckload services.

    I see more and more tankers being pulled by CRST tractors, too, especially in Iowa and Illinois.

    They also broker freight, out of Cedar Rapids, at least. I got stuck pulling one of those. Let's just say that a driver will end up talking to lots of security guards finding the right place to load and unload because their information is incomplete, and they don't take lack of cell phone coverage into account, their 800 number is tied up making out calls, and they tell you to report in and then leave the office for the weekend and never bother extending the courtesy of a returned phone call.
    Last edited by 25(2)+2; 01.16.2012 at 03.31 PM. Reason:: edit

  8. #48
    Bobtail Member Demolition's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Trucker?
    8 Years
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Do you sign the crst contract at orientation or when you walked through the door before training?

  9. #49
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fife,WA
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times

    Contact your OPS Manager

    Each of the Fleet Managers falls under an Operations Manager at CRST. Find out who your Operations Manager is and contact that person with your issues. Ther is also an Operations Manager for the training section that you cna talk to. Don't let the 24 yearo old FM ruin your shot at a good career. Also you can quit and buy your contract out at any time, it i just that it won't be cheap.

  10. #50
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Trucker?
    0-1 Year
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked: 17 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by BanditTrucker View Post
    CRST is pretty much one of the worst of the BFI carriers.

    they are so desperate their hiring in miami, florida! LOL
    Your point?

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •