Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs

Poll: DO YOU THINK TRUCKERS SHOULD BE PAID DETENTION

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oxnard,CA
    Trucker?
    10 Years
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times

    Thumbs down Beware Lct Transportation

    FIRST, I'D LIKE TO OPEN AND CONVEY YOU THAT I HAVE NO TIME TO WRONGLY ADMIT TRUTHS THAT ARE EVIDENT OF EXPERIENCE (EVEN AS FROM LCT TRANSPORTATION'S OWN CUSTOMERS).
    THERE ARE A FEW GOODS ONES, MORE SO FROM RECRUITING DEPARTMENT. BUT LESS SO IN OTHER DEPARTMENTS.

    I WAS A FORMER PROFESSIONAL DRIVER FOR LCT ONCE.
    I WAS DEDICATED, COMMITTED, AND STOOD MY GROUND WHEN NECESSARY WHICH THEY DEPLORED. I DROVE TEAM WITH QUITE A FEW UNDESIRABLES IN ATTEMPT TO GET MILES.
    I WAS THERE SIX MONTHS WITHOUT ONE NIGHT IN MY BED AT HOME.

    I COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY WHEN I ARRIVED AT ONE THEIR CUSTOMERS IN MIAMI (anonymous) one time. That they told me they felt really sorry for how LCT drivers were TREATED.
    It must have got to these folks because they must have listened to many stories from others as well.

    FACTS:
    1). YOU WILL STRUGGLE WITH PAYROLL ISSUES ALL TIME AT LCT.

    2). YOU WILL ENJOY LOTS OF PIZZA

    3). YOU WILL NOT ENJOY YOUR PAYCHECK as they do per diem which is to the carriers benefit when you figure you are much better off claiming the deduction yourself. It only makes your CPM-cents per mile appear as more.

    4). YOU could end up losing your deposit if you leave that they require when you start work for them such as load locks, thermometer, keys, (EVEN IF YOU TURN THEM IN).
    Why? I typed A FULL LETTER OF ALL RETURNABLES WITH LETTER OF RESIGNATION & RECEIVED NO REFUND!

    5). Don't be FOOLED BY WHAT YOU MAY HEAR DIRECTLY FROM THEIR HORSES MOUTH.
    I HAVE NO REASON TO BE DECEPTIVE FOR THE FUN OF IT OR WASTE YOURS OR MY PRECIOUS TIME!

    6). IF YOU DRIVE FOR THEM- BETTER MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM MATE IS 100% DRUG FREE AND KNOWS HOW TO PROPERLY DO TEAM LOGS!

    7). IF YOU AND YOUR TEAM DRIVER LEAVE LCT... EVEN WITH A WRITTEN RESIGNATION . . . IF THEY CALL YOU & YOU DON'T COME BACK. CHANCES ARE THEY WILL BLACKLIST YOU ON USIS DAC SERVICES. GRANTED WE(you and I) AGREE, there ARE SOME WHO SHOULD BE REPORTED FOR INSUBORDINATION OR WRECKING EQUIPMENT, ABANDONMENT, etc.
    I WAS INFORMED THAT THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF OVER-USING DAC SERVICES TO THE POINT THAT A BALL POINT PEN COULD NEVER HOLD ENOUGH INK! THEY ALSO HAD ONE DISPATCHER WHO LATER WAS FIRED AND SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN THERE FROM DAY ONE.

    . IF YOU CALL TO ASK THEM HOW MANY MILES YOU DROVE WITH THEM. YOU ARE GOING TO GET A VERY RUDE AWAKENING REPLY SUCH AS. WE DON'T KNOW HOW MANY MILES YOU DROVE. YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO KNOW THAT AND GET THE PHONE HUNG UP ON YOU!

    9). AND ALL THOSE LCT LETTERS AND MAIL COMING TO YOUR HOME EVEN AFTER YOU LEFT MANY YEARS STILL SHOW UP!
    WHY? B E C A U S E LCT C A N ' T KEEP DRIVERS AND HAVE FACTORED IN "TURNOVER RATIO" AS A GIVEN THAT IT NOT AVOIDABLE. THEY DO NOTHING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER AND MAKE PROMISES ON NEW EQUIPMENT ARRIVING SOON.

    YOU ARE CONSTANTLY TRACKED BECAUSE ALL THEIR LOADS ARE CONSIDERED TIME SENSITIVE. THEY SEND MESSAGES VERY OFTEN STATING (WHY ARE YOU STOPPED? WHY ARE YOU NOT MOVING? ETC ETC!)


    10). BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD THERE GO I. I ASK NO ONE IF YOU READ THIS TO JUDGE WHAT I CONSIDER TRUTH. IF YOU MUST EXPERIENCE LIFE WITH A TRUCKING COMPANY. YOU HAVE FREE CHOICE IN AND AS MUCH AS I HAVE TO SHARE THE FACTS TO YOU.

    My Advice is do not drive for this carrier unless all their top and middle management staff is replaced.



    No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
    ~ BEN JOHNSON ~


    God Bless American Truckers

    Last edited by USISISUNCONSTITUTIONAL; 04.08.2008 at 03.28 PM. Reason:: error

  2. #2
    Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!! simplyred1962's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wouldn't YOU like to know??? LOL
    Trucker?
    Trucker Wife
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,025
    Thanks
    10,779
    Thanked: 4,420 Times
    My Truckers Blog
    3

    Alrighty

    In some parts of this, you sound as if you know of what you speak, and in others, quite ignorant. (and I mean ignorant as in not educated....NOT meaning stupid). The reason I say this, is that you seem quite educated and informed, yet attempt to appear differently.....sorry, just sayin'

  3. #3
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Trucker?
    10 Years
    Age
    41
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    I just checked there website. It says its a Gainey corp company. That explains it. Is this the same one?

  4. #4
    Road Train Member Pur48Ted's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Trucker?
    17 Years
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,600
    Thanks
    3,468
    Thanked: 5,946 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy_671 View Post
    I just checked there website. It says its a Gainey corp company. That explains it. Is this the same one?
    Yep, Gainey bought LCT quite a few years ago....about the same time they bought SuperService.

  5. #5
    Bobtail Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oxnard,CA
    Trucker?
    10 Years
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked: 0 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyred1962 View Post
    In some parts of this, you sound as if you know of what you speak, and in others, quite ignorant. (and I mean ignorant as in not educated....NOT meaning stupid). The reason I say this, is that you seem quite educated and informed, yet attempt to appear differently.....sorry, just sayin'
    DEAR RESPONDER,
    THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS. I'D LIKE YOU TO SHARE AS IN WHAT WAY YOU FIND THE INFO
    SORT OF WACKED OUT OR AS YOU SAY....IGNORANT. MY WRITING HAD VERY LITTLE TIME OTHER THAN A ROUGH DRAFT. I'M SURE WORDING OR SENTENCE STRUCTURE COULD HAVE BEEN DONE DIFFERENTLY.

    KINDEST REGARDS

  6. #6
    Trucker Forum STAFF MACK E-6's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Trucker?
    13 Years
    Age
    38
    Posts
    6,170
    Thanks
    3,586
    Thanked: 4,441 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyred1962 View Post
    In some parts of this, you sound as if you know of what you speak, and in others, quite ignorant. (and I mean ignorant as in not educated....NOT meaning stupid). The reason I say this, is that you seem quite educated and informed, yet attempt to appear differently.....sorry, just sayin'
    I don't know how you got that impression, because I didn't.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MACK E-6 For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Road Train Member Highballin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cleveland Texas
    Trucker?
    33 Years
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked: 102 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by MACK E-6 View Post
    I don't know how you got that impression, because I didn't.
    Nor I. Lots of good helpful info.

  9. #8
    Bobtail Member Lorri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galvaston, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    My husband drives for LCT, he has been there a year and a few months - I think lots of what you wrote is ######## - it is not a company your going to get rich working for, but if you have something bad n your dac, they will give you a chance... not because they are a bad company but because Gainey is a christian man who believes in second chances... I think you must have screwed them over because rarely do they waste their time reporting to DAC... they pay detention after 1 hour, they do not pay it in the state of florida, most companys do not pay it in the state they are in anyhow... my best advice, if you don't like a company's practices, get a diffrent job.

  10. #9
    Road Train Member Lonesome's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Trucker?
    20 Years
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,097
    Thanks
    3,800
    Thanked: 1,069 Times
    How about pushing the CAPS LOCK button on the side of the keyboard?

    I read Gainey filed Chapter 11 a few days ago.

  11. #10
    Road Train Member Lilbit's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Let me check my logbook
    Trucker?
    14 Years
    Age
    47
    Posts
    16,545
    Thanks
    16,381
    Thanked: 12,144 Times
    My Truckers Blog
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonesome View Post
    How about pushing the CAPS LOCK button on the side of the keyboard?

    I read Gainey filed Chapter 11 a few days ago.
    Reorganization version. Staying in biz - for now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •