Trucking Jobs New Driver Jobs Flatbed Jobs Tanker Jobs Refrigerated Jobs Auto Hauler Jobs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sacramento Ca
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Age
    65
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked: 128 Times

    Where do these hot shots get their loads?

    Anyone know where or how these hot shots get their loads? Sure see alot of them on the road, and loaded. Are they hooked up with brokers ? anyone have a clue on this ? thanks


  2. #2
    Banned or Retired
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodville, TX
    Trucker?
    17 Years
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,792
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked: 6,470 Times
    there is brokers who specialize in hot shot stuff. They do allot of LTL stuff. There is tons of different hot shots stuff. there is car haulers and flatbed work. oil fields use allot of hot shots.

    google hot shot forum and you will find most there sites.

  3. #3
    Medium Load Member animal control's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where I come From
    Trucker?
    EX-25 Years
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 8 Times

    Truck Same ole Stuff with a diffrent smell

    It all goes through the same places (freight brokers). Its just fit on a better mousetrap.Im surprised you see many in Sac.I have loaded lightweight freight in Reno,and the hot-shoters had rode over donner empty to take the lightweight (Ti-Ti) freight back east.Hot-Shots aint bad for flatlanders.Nothing but trouble heavy/hill wise though.Fun to drive also.

  4. #4
    Medium Load Member
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sacramento Ca
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Age
    65
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    575
    Thanked: 128 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by animal control View Post
    It all goes through the same places (freight brokers). Its just fit on a better mousetrap.Im surprised you see many in Sac.I have loaded lightweight freight in Reno,and the hot-shoters had rode over donner empty to take the lightweight (Ti-Ti) freight back east.Hot-Shots aint bad for flatlanders.Nothing but trouble heavy/hill wise though.Fun to drive also.

    Well not so much in Sac, but out on the road I've seen alot

  5. #5
    Medium Load Member animal control's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where I come From
    Trucker?
    EX-25 Years
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 8 Times

    Hypothetical Example

    Lets say a conveyer mfg. in Marion OH. ships several truckloads to a WV mine.3yrs later there is a catastrophic mechanical failure.Forcing the mine to $hutdown operations.There is a spare part in Marion.Its 47"Wx 60"Lx58"h .Weights 1157#.The shipping office of the manufacture is hooked-up with a certain favorite broker who just so happens to have at there use a operator (Hot-Shoter) with a new one-ton.Broker tells Mfg."I have power.Will due 5 Bucks per mile($1200).The Hot-shot is the better mousetrap for this one...Problem Solved! You would also be surprised to see inside these 53' vans at the one 200# skip there haulin out of chicago to omaha for AT&T or whatever.

  6. #6
    Medium Load Member animal control's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where I come From
    Trucker?
    EX-25 Years
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 8 Times

    Bell Brokered Through

    Another Hypothetical Example. The Hot Load (small,light,urgent!)from the manufactures shipping office goes to the favorite broker for $1200.Favorite broker inturn takes his usual cut $ and gives load to Hot-Shots-R-us(another broker) and they take there cut (broker through) and unit# 327 delivers hot freight for what ever i$ left over.

  7. #7
    Road Train Member
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Trucker?
    No Answer
    Posts
    18,847
    Thanks
    2,997
    Thanked: 8,769 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by animal control View Post
    Another Hypothetical Example. The Hot Load (small,light,urgent!)from the manufactures shipping office goes to the favorite broker for $1200.Favorite broker inturn takes his usual cut $ and gives load to Hot-Shots-R-us(another broker) and they take there cut (broker through) and unit# 327 delivers hot freight for what ever i$ left over.

    Sounds no different than any of the trucking brokers.

  8. #8
    Medium Load Member animal control's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Where I come From
    Trucker?
    EX-25 Years
    Posts
    307
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked: 8 Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadmedic View Post
    Sounds no different than any of the trucking brokers.
    Thats the same STUFF,different SMELL part

  9. #9
    Light Load Member
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Trucker?
    Trucking Industry
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked: 21 Times

    Ours

    We have a hot shot in our company, about to add 2 more- we use them as accessory to our larger trucks- if we have a smaller load to move for one of our flatbed customers. We usually do so at a reduced rate.

    It's also handy since you can drop the trailer and use the truck as a chase vehicle for oversize loads...

  10. #10
    Road Train Member Highballin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cleveland Texas
    Trucker?
    33 Years
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,161
    Thanks
    106
    Thanked: 102 Times

    Hot Shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    We have a hot shot in our company, about to add 2 more- we use them as accessory to our larger trucks- if we have a smaller load to move for one of our flatbed customers. We usually do so at a reduced rate.

    It's also handy since you can drop the trailer and use the truck as a chase vehicle for oversize loads...
    Hotshot used to be a get it there like yesterday no matter what price no crooks I mean brokers all towns that deals in oilfield has Hotshot companys.Now some not all run cheaper drive dolled up dullies can not tie load safely haul anything that will allmost fit on theyre trailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •