05 9400i blower motor replace, how-to?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by TheLittleGuy, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Hillcritter

Hillcritter Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Berne, NY
    hey guys i have an 06 9400i, i have 2 blower motors, one for my cab and another for my sleeper, i'm wondering where the one for my cab is located? i know my sleeper blower is under the passager seat.... thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Cab blower is under the pass seat.

4. gator21

gator21 Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Norwich NY
    yes,the left front corner is the cab blower,the r/r corner is the bunk.funny thing though, i replaced the cab blower 2yrs ago 6months after buyin this heap.then this year it goes out again.185bucks a pop!the bunk one is still hangin on.and anyone that has broken the nipple off the big blend door..drill a 3/16 hole through it (in place)and drop a riviot in the hole. works great.it makes a better pivot point than the plastic crap it came with.mine is a 05.:yes2557:

5. Hillcritter

Hillcritter Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Berne, NY
    ok cool thanks i wasnt sure if they were both in the same area :)

6. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    heres my question,my front fan works when it feels like it,rear fan is fine.when front dont work i notice the air conditioner pump does not engage,all fuses good that i can find,relays appear good. Any help people,its driving me nuts.thx

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Year, model?

8. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    2006 I9400 today it worked cant figure it out.

9. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    2006 I9400 today fan worked fine but its hit r miss tomorrow it may not

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The speed control dial is one possible problem, the other is the fan itself. The circuits in between have significantly different paths based on the speed selected. Different speeds go through different relays and even different fuses. When one part of the circuit fails, you normally lose only that speed. If the fan quits totally, open up the glove box and listen to the relays. When changing the speeds you should hear the relays clicking, especially between medium and high speed. If you do not hear the relays, there is a good chance the dial controls are bad, or the power feed to it from F1-C (20 amp) and the main control relay. If the fan quits, and you do hear relays, chances are the blower motor is going bad. Intermittent problems are usually due to a bad connection at a connector or fuse socket and / or burn or dirty switch points.

double yellow Thanks this.
  11. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    thx,relays click when i use dial controls,even when fan doesnt work.im thinking maybe a bad connection at fan or possible resitor at fan.so far been fine for 4 days.fan does not sound loud or like its got problems.my theory is it has to be a main wire or controller,but wat would be the main controller. a switch r relay i havent a clue.May have to go to plan b --- buy sledge hammer and go bat crap crazy.thx for the help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.