07 387 AC dripping water into cab floor

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by RERM, Aug 13, 2016.

1. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I have water leaking into the cab floor from the AC (from under the center console). My mechanic checked the lines and blew them out, said a drip hole was clogged (not terminology he used but I can't remember exactly) and that it wasn't a leak, as much as it was clogged and the condensation was coming in to the cabin???

Still getting water into the cab. Previous owner took truck to Peterbilt for this, had entire system checked for leaks (none found) and was told the same thing as above by techs, with the same results.

AC works perfectly (cold as ####!!!).

Any ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Condensation is a valid diagnosis.

I have a hot and cold heat pump that cools me in summer time. the Price for it is condensate forms on the bottom of the chute that transfers some cold air into the next room over. Eventually there is enough fluid to wet a carpet roughly 6 foot by 4 foot.

Three 15 amp 3000 watt turbo fans blasting for three days and two nights dried the carpet up, but at a cost of approximately 65 dollars per day and night each of electricity. So it's a 400 dollar juice hit. On instructions from super, I extension-ed the three dryers into the building's own electrical system away from my personal metered electric supply.

We run the air cooling somewhat differently now and it's not really a problem because the computer here in the corner runs off a 360mm radiator to cool the CPU. I chill the radiator with 6 fans push pull, backed by two 200 mm fans with each supported by a pair of Delta Class Server Fans which are protected by grills both ways because they are capable of notching your bone in the finger for instance before trying to break a blade off inside same.

4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    -CK. if any water is drip from tube at all, you can make a long cleanout straw after blowing air at low press. up into drain tube to clear it if water wont pour out after that use it to finish clean out?

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I made a cut in my drain tube on my t680 it kept doing the same thing after making a small cut its been way better

RERM Thanks this.
  6. @RERM
    I have a 387 peterbilt.

The heater core/Ac fan box is dead center of firewall in our trucks. If the boxx is leaking you have one possible issue. The seal is not seated properly against the firewall hole.

Check the two bolts just below the windshield gasket. Make sure they are tight.
    Take a picture under the dash where your getting liquid. Post it.

7. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

I will, thanks

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.