08 Prostar ignition wiring

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MonticelloJeff, Jul 27, 2016.

1. MonticelloJeff

MonticelloJeff Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Ok, long story. It appears last owner of this truck had an issue with the power from ignition to ecm. I have 4wires coming out of back of ignition switch, red blue and two pink. They attached a jump wire on the blue wire and the jump wire is what broke, wherever they had it jump to. I have no lights on dash or power to the starter. If I hook up the jump wire, I get radio, window power, lights on dash, but no power to starter. I get a click from fuse panel on passenger side dash, and now two messages,. "ecm module, & electrical fault. " So what I am trying to accomplish is finding the spot where I should connect this jump wire, or the best location to look for the other end of broken wire. The jump wire was run from the ignition towards the clutch pedal, but now that I have removed plastic covers, I can't find the broken wire . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, at the key switch, the red wire (A15) is power coming in from the fuse panel, should have power all the time. The light blue wire is power feed to accessory circuits, (A12). Pink wire A13F is ignition power out. This wire will power the ignition relays. The ECM is powered usually from ignition relay #1. Pink wire A17HA from your key switch is starter power. So they jumper power to your accessory circuits. This will not prevent the engine from starting so something else is wrong. The pink wire A13F is what you need to focus on. Make sure Ignition relay #1 is working.

4. Mtexp

Mtexp Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Heavy, thanks for what you do on here

Heavyd Thanks this.
  5. Mtexp

Mtexp Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I have a fleet with 5 prostars in it you have helped a lot. I just had one with an electrical fault in a 2010 daycab Wound up being poor connection at f4d. Just so you could pass it on thanks again for all you do

Heavyd Thanks this.
  6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Happy to help!

7. Peterpete

Peterpete Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2019
    I have 2014 prostar w/isx-15, as soon as I turn key to on position ...key switch circuit breaker pops up... can anybody help me with this

8. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Is this F3-A? After the ignition switch, it triggers all the ignition relays along with auto start stop if equipped. Nothing else is suppose to be powered by this but we see installers tap into this for e-logs and satellites sometimes which could be causing your problem.

9. Gb2020

Gb2020 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I have an international pro star 2009 Cummins engine that is giving me lots of trouble. It begins to “jerk” and turns off. I have a code for low engine pressure. Not sure that is the true problem since the engine control module has been giving codes for parts that didn’t need repair. Could it be something electrical?? The engine control module was recently reprogrammed

10. Fredperry

Fredperry Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2014

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.