09 prostar a/c replaced everything still not working

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by radicastuff, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Jerry016

Jerry016 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Double posted

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jerry016

Jerry016 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2016
    I have a 13 prostar Maxxforce ac was acting up where was cold when I was driving and warm when I parked they replaced compressor and drier . Worked awesome for 2 weeks now today it's acting wierd ac will go out and come back . It will be warm for a bit then it will cool off for a little bit then go back to blowing warm . Driving or stopped does the same . Not sure where to start don't want to replace everything

4. Jerry016

Jerry016 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2016
    And now sitting here idlin warm semi cool warm it just kicked in out of nowhere nice and Cold now but goes back to in and out after I shut it off

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Badmon Thanks this.
  5. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    You better check the wiring harness on the back of the controller. Sounds like it is loose.

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Probably open circuit with the thermistors. Try to wiggle the connectors, other than that you need a laptop hooked up to it to see why it is cutting out. Other wise you are flying blind and just throwing parts at it.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  7. Jerry016

Jerry016 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2016
    So I'm having it looked at they evacuated it to check the freon or gas and it also pulls the oil out and it filled the bottle to the top how much oil should be in the system and can too much oil cause problems

8. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Remember back when you didn't need $40,000 worth of equipment to fix your air conditioning? Yeah, me too. It was awesome wasn't it?

9. towguy

towguy Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2016
    @Heavyd i have a question perhaps you may be able to help i am having ac trouble with my 07 prostar it is blowing cool but not getting cold. During first start up the ac only blows at around 59 degrees at vents but when i get up to highway speeds the ac temperature goes up to around 75 at the vent. we have changed the compressor, dryer unit, orfice tube,cabin filter and high pressure sensor. yet it still refuses to cool. we have also taken condensor unit and cleaned it and radiator behind it pulled a vacuum on the lines and recharged the system. we are definitely running out of options and all the shops located here are stumped and cannot figure out what may be causing this issue

10. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Rule of thumb is to re-add the same amount of oil back into it that you took out. Total system capacity is 10 oz.

11. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Try pinching off the heater hoses to the heater core and see if the temp comes down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.