1 year with Western

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Jay19871, May 15, 2015.

1. Jay19871

Jay19871 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    I checked them out but no openings. There is a Conway about 20 miles from my house though :D. No openings there either but they said they'd call when a spot opened. I might go truckload with them, supposedly Conway otr delivers to all 48.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jay19871

Jay19871 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    I had my normal reset scheduled for this weekend but didn't get home until Monday. They said to be back by Tuesday but my DM ended up calling and giving me until Wednesday. First time I have got the full time off pretty happy about that.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check with Earl Henderson Trucking. They have a guaranteed minimum pay for 2100 miles a week @ .38 cpm.

Jay19871 Thanks this.
  5. Jay19871

Jay19871 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    I ended up going with Conway truckload. Orientation this Monday. Read through every forum I could find and they have the least amount of complaints, the drivers I've talked to all seemed to enjoy them and there equipment looks good.

DenaliDad and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. techslave

techslave Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Atlanta, ga
    Unfortunately this is true. With many companies in trucking you do not want to give any notice. If you do they will find a way to dock your pay or ruin your dac.

7. Jay19871

Jay19871 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    Just a update! I have been with Con-way Truckload/XPO for 7 months now and have loved every bit of it. They are a wonderful company. I got a email from Western saying they bought a bunch of new volvos and put flat screens in them with directv? Sounds cool, I hope they are better now so you all aren't suffering. They never messed with my DAC, thankfully and honored my wish to quit. I asked to be sent to a terminal to drop the truck off, they had me give the load to someone else and I bob tailed back.

austinmike, Lightside and Nitemare13 Thank this.
  8. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    That's awesome. Best of luck with Con-Way.

It's looking like I will start with Western Express end of this month. Any advice or tips? I will be going to Fontana for orientation. How long was your training?

9. A_C_Cooper

A_C_Cooper Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Gilbert, SC
    I'll be starting with Western after the first of the year. I've read a lot about them and watched a lot of videos so I've got a good idea of the kind of BS to expect from them. I'm putting in my year and moving on, hopefully to TMC if I can keep my nose clean.

Lightside and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Jay19871

Jay19871 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    I heard Fontana was a decent terminal to be at. Will you be regional in that area? My training was with two different trainers over the course of 5 or 6 weeks but that's because the first guy put his two weeks notice in during my training lol so I had to start over. Normal though is 30 days out with a trainer then take your test. Advice would be if you don't get along with your DM ask for a new one and don't let them force you into running illegally. Don't be shy about hounding your trainer with questions.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    Lightside Thanks this.
  11. Jay19871

Jay19871 Bobtail Member

May 15, 2015
    They are good for the experience just don't do what I did and let them bully you into running illegally. Best of luck to you.

A_C_Cooper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.