10/12 Training Class

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Brehon, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    The floating was actually testing why I was having issues with my shifting. Aft r floating for a day my double was much smoother. So he used it as a tool to get my brain past a hick up. That lesson was huge in my development. I promise you I will double clutch as it is what I do 90 % of my day. Virginia worked that a good bit hehe.

I always appreciate the advise and input I get here.

Also about my wife we have been married 25 years worked together in business so we have some positives in our favor. However that could all be moot when we are stuck in a box hehe b we are willing to see if it works for us

FullMetalJacket and wolf71 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Talked to Steve (well my trainer did as I was sitting next to him) and unfortunately I have to wait six months before my wife can team with me and it be her tnt. If it was summer he would be more inclined but with it being scheduled he height of winter her wants to take a safer approach. So the wife driving with me is on hold until about june

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  4. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Bummer, but probably for the best as this winter is supposed to be a bit rough, at least out here on the left coast

5. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    It is what it is

6. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Well getting final preps to test. Just rolled in if we are lucky we will ace some pad time tomorrow. I know we will be busy on sunday

FullMetalJacket Thanks this.
  7. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

Good luck to you on test.

Think you got this......so git 'er done, eh?!

:biggrin_255:

8. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    I feel great about it and exactly time to get we done!

9. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Good luck, one thing to remember is to relax and it will go okay.

Brehon Thanks this.
  10. Brehon

Brehon Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Thanks highway

11. PChase

PChase Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Show Me State
    Take it one element at a time, when you're takkng your pretrip don't be dwelling on the road test.

When you're taking the backing test don't worry about what you could have done better with on the pretrip .

Remember when you are taking the pretrip and while doing In cab (for example) if you feel you have forgotten something just tell the examiner that you feel you've forgotten something and you would like to start over.

Wordage is very important . Be sure to say "at or BEFORE" 60psi, not "at or around 60 psi"

Doing things like under the hood inspection... Have fun, get dirty if you have to. If you are Inspecting the (example) alternator, physically grab the alternator. "This is the alternator it is properly mounted and secured , it's not cracked bent or broken" . In the same token do that with each thing you are inspecting and describe each part's required features.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.