10 meter radio question

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by L.B., Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    And having the amateur ticket doesn't "exempt" you from the rules of that service OR CB either. You still may NOT operate a 10 Meter radio ON CB. THEY-ARE-ILLEGAL-THEY-ARE-ILLEGAL-THEY-ARE-ILLEGAL! PERIOD! And getting the license with the idea that you will then raise heck and do anything you want on ANY band you want to will actually make it MORE likely that you will get in trouble. Why do people think the ham license somehow "exempts" people from obeying the law?

Gadfly

K7DFA, Rat and squirrellsgnwild Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

Yeap and it also proves a point I have made with others. Don't waist your time and money getting a ticket to run a 10 meter radio.

First and fore most, your chances of getting introuble for using it are about 100,000 to 1. Actually your chances are better at winning the lottery then getting in trouble for using a 10 meter radio on the cb bands.

Second, why spend any money that might go to a waisted gov agency.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  4. Paulie

Paulie Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    yeah what they said

K7DFA Thanks this.
  5. matt1022

matt1022 Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2009
    hello all,I have a quick question and some may like it and some may not,however I must ask it anyways. I want to know why it is that the fcc as well as the ham operators feel they need to make you have a license to operate on certain channels? I have seen the "channels that are for licensed hams" thing a number of times,and I guess my question is a two part in that how can anyone,the fcc included decide who can use certain areas of air and who can't? I mean are they going to say next that you have to have a license to breathe the same air as a ham,cause they don't like you to use their air? It actually all sounds ridiculous to me and I feel that if I want to run a cb or export radio with a million watts,as long as I am not interfering with any emergency communications than I should be able to. After all this is "the land of the free" isn't it?

K7DFA Thanks this.
  6. Paulie

Paulie Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Ummm nope! Why do you think they tackle you, handcuff and arrest you and make you go in front of a judge all for having the same name as a another guy that does stupid stuff?

Air waves are not free and clear. They have to be managed to keep clear and operational. They are actually making comms for emergency equipment now that use internet connection broadband. It is pretty slick and some day might free up more air waves. But for now it is still the primary communications port.

And another quick story. In West Monroe Louisiana a guy keyed up under a gas station one night attempting to light up the lights. He was using an old Texas Star 16 pill. Somehow it ignited the gas pumps and burned down the station and another restaurant.

Just an example of how power can get ya. But then again they still sell shot guns as Wal-Mart!

K7DFA Thanks this.
  7. squirrellsgnwild

squirrellsgnwild Medium Load Member

they dont sell guns at the wal mart here in kalifornia

K7DFA Thanks this.
  8. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    They are slowly pulling guns out of them all. All new ones built will not sell guns either.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  9. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    In Iraq they are using internet repeaters for the convoy frequencies so convoys are never out of reach in case they need to call for a QRF or Medevac.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  10. aircraftfuel

aircraftfuel Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Brooksville, fl
    Yes you can have your 10 meter rig worked on to talk on the CB channels, but it is still a 10 meter rig and becouse of the output on 10 meter rigs they are over on the aloted 4 watts of power allowed on AM CB, even if you never talk on 10 meters your in violation for having over 4 watts. Your better off just getting a good CB and antenna combo, or better yet, get your Ham license so you can talk on 10m, 2m, or 70cm with just a Tech license. Anyone can pass that test, takes 20 min. and you can find free study guides on line.

K7DFA Thanks this.
  11. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    So what slot do we put the literal THOUSANDS of Licensed Ham's that equally Violate the Equipment Regs?
    Is their License their Exemption ?

K7DFA Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.