100% Guaranteed Way to NEVER Oversleep in the Truck Again.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Getsinyourblood, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Have any of you ever wanted to take a two or three hour nap, but were afraid you wouldn't hear the alarm and oversleep?

Worry no more my friends.

Just buy the cable that is shown in the picture. Unfortunately, I don't know the proper name or size for the cable. It is just a generic type cable with two male ends. I purchased it at Radio Shack a while back for 10 bucks.

Anyway, this cable will fit an Android Phone, and the little hole in your Truck Radio, and an IPod Touch.

Take your Android Phone. Adjust Phone volume to MAX. Set Phone alarm to desired time.
    Insert the cable in to the little hole at the top or bottom of your SmartPhone.

Next, insert the other end of the cable in your Truck Radio. Set the Truck Radio to AUX. Turn the Truck Radio volume as loud as it will go.

When your SmartPhone Alarm goes off, it will be amplified about 10X the normal volume through all your Truck Speakers, including Sleeper Speakers. Only a dead man will not hear this alarm, I promise.

(On a side note, this cable will also stream Audiobooks from your Phone to the Truck Speakers, or stream Music from an IPod Touch.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    MrsWJAA, hunted and joseph1135 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Well I'm screwed. I don't have an android!

4. Getsinyourblood

Getsinyourblood Road Train Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Retired. North Texas
    Well, I don't own an IPhone and can't say. It just depends if the cable fits or if you can buy a cable that fits.

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I've been doing this for years! Great idea! Just make sure that you don't have extreme metal playing for the alarm music if you go that route. You'll wake up thinking satan is trying to kill you or something, lol.

MrsWJAA, Fajo, misterG and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. AlexFromMD

AlexFromMD Light Load Member

May 18, 2015
    It's 1/8" standard headphone jack. I've tried this before with my iPhone at home and it doesn't work. iPhone alarm always automatically plays out of the phone speaker. I looked it up and apparently there's nothing that can be done. I read one report of a guy in his campus library who thought his ringtone would play through his headphones and was embarrassed when everyone was looking at him.

7. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    If you have a USB port in the stereo, your alarm will play through your stereo every time. Try that if you have one.

AlexFromMD Thanks this.
  8. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    them aux. cables can be found at any truckstop for $4.99.
    you can also use the bluetooth method. no cable required. course, you also need a properfly functioning radio with bluetooth chip. my truck isn't 4 weeks old yet and my bluetooth already quit. wonder if FL will warranty the radio.

any phone or whatever with an aux port will do the job. it's all the same size.
    course, i don't and never have owned anything apple.

some things won't play through the usb port.

9. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    This is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. I set 20 alarms some mornings and can sleep right through them if I'm tired enuff

10. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Step one. Get a clock radio. Step two, put the said radio on a tal show channel, and set volume to normal chat level. Step three, put said alarm under passenger seat.

You will wake up to people talking. If it is under the passenger seat, it will be armored against thrown objects.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.