'13-'14 Cascadia microwave

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by w4cdw, Nov 26, 2013.

1. w4cdw

w4cdw Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    Hey guys, I'm starting at a new company and they have 2013 and 2014 Cascadia's. I have a regular 700w microwave (about 17in wide) and was wondering if that could fit in the cabinets somewhere. Or do I need a special size microwave? Now I might be in a columbia for a few weeks, but 95% says I'm in a cascadia. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    fargonaz Thanks this.
  4. Chunkywolf

Chunkywolf Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    St Louis, MO
    You have 2 options for things that WILL fit in the shelves. Either the Sharp Half Pint, or the Whirlpool WMC20005YB. I would HIGHLY recommend the sharp because the whirlpool will ONLY RUN on real sine wave power, and consumes 1200 watts. This means that you need to buy a 400$ inverter to power it, or it won't run. The ability to run the sharp off an inverter that will cost only 100-150(the cobra 2500 or 1500 watt) is an AMAZING advantage. In Hindsight, I wish I had made the same decision, but now i'm stuck buying yet another inverter to get my microwave to work.....

fargonaz and skellr Thank this.
  5. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I know this is an old thread but I wonder about the micro on a modified sine wave. Freightliner was selling and installing the whirlpool with only a modified sine wave. The Sharp is no longer available. AFAIK all micros will run on the modified sine wave inverter.

6. Chunkywolf

Chunkywolf Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2009
    St Louis, MO
    The whirlpool has a protection circuit on the Heating system. The microwave will have a working timer and turntable with modified sine, but it WILL NOT heat. I was QUITE upset to figure this out. You can find the same results here: http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7evi6-just-bought-whirlpool-wmc20005yb-0-5-cu-ft-microwave.html . Give it a try if you like, but I'm just saying that this has been my experience.
    Also, the reviews on Amazon for the Whirlpool show other people with the same problem that I had.

7. slavcha

slavcha Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
    [​IMG]
    got it from walmart, it fits perfect

8. Trucker Reviews

Trucker Reviews Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Did you have to jam it in or did it actually fit in nice and smooth. Also did it damage the cabinet in any way upon removal? When i tried to put one in my freightliner it didn't fit.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Reason for edit: did not submit full question
  9. slavcha

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
    It was little challenge to put it in first time. after i had to remove it and put it back in two more times and it takes me no more than 30 seconds to jam it in. And there is absolutely no damage to a truck or microwave. when installing keep it in the middle of the cabinet, and once its inside you can lower it and use a factory strap to secure it.

10. slavcha

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
    I put 3 inch blocks to raise it so the door will open freely IMG_20161208_203116.jpg

11. Trucker Reviews

Trucker Reviews Bobtail Member

Dec 8, 2016
    Thanks for the fast response i will give that microwave a chance again i was really skeptical trying to force it into the truck. Beings im not an owner op i dont want to damage it . Thanks for all your help I really Appreciate everything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.