18' Coax - Which Truckstop brand seems to be the best Performer?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by NYSuperTrucker, Aug 22, 2016.

1. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
    This weekend I was running my normal gig and I noticed something was "off" with my radio. I have 3 different radios at home, all have been tuned up, and are running at peak performance. So when I got my radio hooked up this weekend (I only run slip-seat weekends) I noticed something didn't sound right. No static, and no responses from radio-checks. Had my wife meet me close to home, swapped my radio for another one...same results. I happened to touch the coax and BOOM....now I got static which went away when no contact was made.

So needless to say, I think my ancient coax that I've had for 16yrs finally has issues where I need to get a new one.

What is the best performer out there for the "truckstop selling" 18' coax out there. I thought about grabbing one from KwikTrip or the Pilot...but then figured..."i bet the TruckersReport guys know a better option than the truckstop brand" so here I sit, asking you for your opinion. Even if I order one online, I just need it here by Friday.

What are all of your thoughts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016
    you can buy Astatic coax out of the truck stops probably a ta or petro should have it..... it's as good as any out of a truck stop.... I would buy the 18ft.

4. NYSuperTrucker

NYSuperTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Twin Cities MN
  5. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
  6. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    I forget the name but there is a site where you can compare the cable performance #'s then buy from there..

7. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    that's interesting to know

8. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    I'm headed home to take care of my mom's arrangements but when I can I'm going to go to amateur radio supply and buy 18ft. of lmr 400 ultra flex and then just buy lmr 240 ultra flex to use as a jumper from my radio to my amp. ..think I'll be covered with the best coax available for my setup .....

9. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.