1988 377 with cummins big cam

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by alien4fish, Dec 20, 2008.

1. alien4fish

alien4fish Light Load Member

Thanks 1989 pete! i was going over all the paperwork from when it was at Rush truck ctr. and unless im reading it wrong it looks like an in frame was done. They replaced the sleeves and the cam, and lifters. I dont know what they mean by "liners"
    is that the sleeve liners? in the cylinders? also ordered in a new turbo and supply line and a whole bunch of seals, gaskets, filters follwer plate,air filter.grommets,sender oi ?more filters,coolant,fuel filter,TURBO @1161.55:)
    i wish i knew what all these parts codes mean.. i may have to take a drive over to Rush and ask a few questions

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I have always liked the 377, and that one really looks good.

It looks like a truck that has been taken care of. Thats good news on the engine also.

Good luck.

alien4fish Thanks this.
  4. 1989 Pete

1989 Pete "Pine Tree Eater"

I'm going to order cylinder kits, injectors and some other parts from Pitts Power and build that beast!!!

5. alien4fish

alien4fish Light Load Member

Nice! hey take some pix and post em up,id love to see what all those parts look like before they go in

6. 1989 Pete

1989 Pete "Pine Tree Eater"

Where are you drivva????

7. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Lots of "fixer-uppers" on here. Pretty interesting that there are so many older trucks still out there running up and down the road everyday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.