2000 Century DT 60 series "Engine controller no response"

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Chirt, Dec 3, 2011.

1. blazerbob

blazerbob Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2012
    I called a dealer/shop today he said what bothers him is that it wont fire on ether or brake cleaner. anybody have any ideas there? thanks for any help you can give me

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chirt

Chirt Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Lowell MA
    frtpc.jpg
    Here's a diagram for the harness that comes from the inside cab to the ecu below the power harness that comes from the battery. unplug that connector wire 439 should have power with ignition on.you can see the same wire inside cab at fuse box it's got the number 439 on the side. On my truck I ran a new wire from the fuse box to the ecm and so far I have had no problems.
    another thing you should do is get a headlight( because regular test lights have no load on them)and use that as a test light on the power harness ask someone to crank the engine if light goes out you have a problem on the wire somewhere. Because it sounds like the starter is sucking the juice out of the ign system or the ground at ecu.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  4. Chirt

Chirt Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Lowell MA
    it should fire on ether.. depending on the brake cleaner it won't fire I've tried before.
    I remember that I had to almost soak the air cleaner with ether for it to start, I don't like doing that but i was desperate.:biggrin_25512:

5. blazerbob

blazerbob Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2012
    well it took a huge tarp 2 salimander heaters some rescue 911 and about 4 hrs . had to thaw the old girl out thanks for the interest in my trouble

6. blazerbob

blazerbob Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2012
    also had to get 3 new batterys three out of 4 were weak thanks again

7. Chirt

Chirt Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Lowell MA
    I'm glad you got it going! :biggrin_25519:

8. wcapehartjr

wcapehartjr Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2012
    I am having trouble with my secondary air tank building air, the primary is working fine. I have changed the governor, but still having the same problems. I think that it may be one of the valves, but don't know where they are. Can someone provide a diagram with this information or provide me with a description so that I can locate

9. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    anyway I sugest bad ECM power supply wires. there are junctions with heat shrink under hood, near ECM. I sugest connection be corroded

Engine ECM needs min 9V power supply. if bad battery cranks engine, it is over 11V. So you loose 2-3 v on bad connection. New battery gave you addional voltage and ECM sturts up

10. Smellfunny

Smellfunny Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Make a new thread.

11. wetwelder

wetwelder Bobtail Member

Sep 15, 2012
    i was having the same problem,, engine controler no response,, i found a bolt between the ecm an the block, rubbed a hole in my ecm, that was very spendy repair, do a google search on ecm repair, i found a place that fixes the ecm for 795.00, i didnt have the 2 days to wait so i got a new ecm ,, runs geat now,, now i just have to finish off the egr, i got the pieces finally , now just the time to install them,,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.