2006 Volvo 630 turn off

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Helene, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Helene

Helene Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2015
    I need your help please. I purchased a volvo 2006 2 months ago. I went to the mexhanic over 4 times. The reason i have a stop message and my engine turn off after 5 seconds while driving. Volvo comapny told me i have to change my computer(8000$). Other garage they check the computer and they dont find anything so they reset to remove message. I dont know what to do about this problem. Please help me i am a new owner operator and i need your help before i lose everything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    What codes are you finding when you count flashes on dash, count them and write codes on next message

Helene Thanks this.
  4. Helene

Helene Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2015
    There is no codes. Should i click on any button to see the codes? Today a new message appeared "sm" but the truck didnt turn off. I stopped ob the next on route and when i opened my hood the engine was hot. I continued driving but i was stopping every one hour foe 15 minutes. Volvo dealers charged me twice for inspection and they didnt find anything. Thank you soo much for your help!!

5. Helene

Helene Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2015
    IMG-20150926-WA0000.jpg

6. Helene

Helene Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2015
    I get this message before my truck shut down.

7. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    The sm message is from you're transmission controller and from what it sounds like you have a ZF freedom line. Trans what engine do u have that's my first question second one is I don't know where u usually run I have a shop in Chicago and I have had extensive experience with these transmissions and volvos all together if u can make it by just let me know if you can't you have to go in you're diagnostics in your cluster and post the codes that would be the first step and then maybe I can give u better idea or point u in a direction

8. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Based on your picture the oil pressure in you're truck is way to high looks like you have a d12d Volvo if in guessing correctly

9. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Battery light also illuminated. Looks like the engine is not running at the time of the photo because of tach needle position. Go see Nasriza in Chicago if you can. He knows what he is doing with these trucks. P.S. Ukraine is a little too far to drive!

10. Burdisco

Burdisco Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Id like to get nasriza number in chicago just as a contact.
    Your dash is in km, Canadian? Is so gerrys in london has experience with zf 519 652 2100. Or the gear house in Mississauga or across the country. Edmonton they service and sell zf for Volvos etc. I was in Winnipeg and my zf did the same. You should be able to shift manually. But what happens with me is that i turn it off count 10 and restart and the zf computer has reset and everything back to normal, sort of. My plan once i get the engine overhauled is to get a rebuilt zf from the gearhouse installed with new clutch about $8k cdn. Hope this helps

11. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    my number is 6306078889 the zf trans as far as gears are concerned it doesn't have to many issues most of the issues come from ecu or voltage doubler and wiring if you replace the wires and air valve it goes a long way. I have seen them here with up to 1.5million miles and they start burning out voltage doublers but other than that not to many issues clutch is supposed to be replaced at 1 mil that's all, the worst thing about that transmission is that there is not many people in us that really know how to fix them or properly maintain them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.