2008 670 with isx...cruise control problems

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by blr300, May 12, 2015.

1. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    When you will replace the new VSS, i suggest to you to destroy the old sensor and use one of the two male pin (from the old sensor) and use it to feel the drag (tension) of the two female terminal inside of the truck harness who connect to the sensor.
    Because when you connect the plug with the grommet to the sensor you don't know how tight or loose are the terminal inside ?
    Ben

blr300 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blr300

blr300 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2014
    St. Thomas Ont. Canada
    That's a good idea.....i'll try that out. I'm going to get under there this coming weekend. Thanks again for the help. They are all very good ideas

4. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I'll bet the problem is inside not under truck. Is road was bumpy when it;s happen?

5. blr300

blr300 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2014
    St. Thomas Ont. Canada
    Well I replaced the vss. I checked to make sure the female ends had good connection to like you said. They checked out ok. When I was taking the old vss out...it just shattered. There was some rust inside also. But anyways...on to better news....4500 miles in the back pocket and NO troubles. The cruise control hasn't kicked off at all. Knock on wood right.Lol. Thanks again for all the help. I appreciate it.

6. Aleeex

Aleeex Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Sacramento
    One of our trucks was kicking the truck off of PTO.

It was the VSS

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.