2010 D13 Volvo Vobrations. Please help!

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ela, Dec 5, 2014.

1. ela

ela Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Hi all,
    My 2010 D13 Volvo is driving me crazy. It has this vibration, feels like you are driving on a bad paved road. It starts going uphill ,and when I am loaded heavy. If I take the foot off the gas pedal, it will fade away.
    So in OR, decided to take it to the dealer and do a thorough check. They said the transmission, the driveline, tires, shocks, u joints were fine. Nothing leaking on the engine. They only changed 2 broken engine mounts. After the delaer, driving through the mountain on I84, and for about 1000 miles everything was fine, until I get to WY when the same vibrations started again. SO I took it to the dealer in Wy, thinking maybe something got loose.
    He checked it and still found nothing, all the work the previous dealer did looked good. He said 99% is the injectors or the engine brake. But their 99% is causing me 99 problems
    Anyone has any idea what it could be? How expensive are these injectors, if it is the injectors ,and is there a lot of labor involved? Is there any test done to see if it is really the injectors, because the delaer would change everything they can get their hands on?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Got to love it when you get a bill for $480 and they say, "we couldn't find anything wrong with it, you want us to keep looking...?"

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. ela

ela Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Exactly. I would rather have $480 and they find nothing wrong, than $4800 and still have the same problem. The worst is when you get both.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Well you can start with the low hanging fruit and check the leveler, my 06 was famous for a vibration when this thing went south. On the other hand I just went through the whole vibration with this '12. Past experience would have dictated a drive line issue but in fact was indeed injectors. These things pound out more PSI than you could imagine, so when they go, they'll vibrate the crap of you.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Volvo lol

I ran a '12 with the D13 same problem. Two times. First time was the injectors. Second time was the leveling rod broken. Anytime torque was on the driveline it would vibrate and shake like it had out of round tires on every wheel on a potholed dirt road. Exact same symptoms, very different problems. Soon as you'd get off the fuel and release the torque it would smooth right out

Wait until all the sensors start dying lol I went thru a rapid succession of them. Upper crankcase pressure. Lower crankcase pressure. Oil send. Egr position. Coolant. Egr flow. Pretty soon you'll think the check engine light is standard equipment and know all the codes.

KB3MMX, 04 LowMax and ChromeNut Thank this.
  7. d281833

May 15, 2012
    I hear ya there brother, I have to say I really like the trucks and the set up et al, but as you have indicated the frustration with these things and I mean ALL these new trucks are definitely hard to deal with. I really think at this point it don't matter what brand you choose, you either get a good one or one that sucks.

KB3MMX and Elvisp21 Thank this.
  8. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Lol, not a bad idea. My Volvo is for sale, made a funny squeak, getting a new one.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  9. reefer101

reefer101 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    ads some atf to your feul it will lubricate injectors.

10. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    A buddy of mine says he throws in 2 stroke oil. I use howes fuel treatment, but that's it.

11. d281833

May 15, 2012
    It's not a lubrication problem, it's the design.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.