2010 prostar maxxforce 13 no power/speed

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by grandpa joe 71, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Not without the proper service tool. If the code goes inactive the engine will run at normal power. If it has low power with no fault light then you are looking at boost leak or exhaust restriction.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grandpa joe 71

grandpa joe 71 Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2015
    Ok I was leaning towards turbos possibly the dealer I had taken it to said I got to much carbon on Valves but it starts just fine and runs just no speed or power and it don't look like they done anything to tear it apart taking to different dealer Thursday hopefully they will she'd some light

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Pretty easy to start trouble shooting. They need to have ServiceMaxx connected to the engine and road test and record what we call a 0-60 snapshot. This will record how the engine is performing when full power is demanded. They can see fuel pressure, boost pressure, exhaust back pressure and so on. If the power is low then they can see if boost is low and go from there. If the exhaust back pressure is in spec, then you look at boost leaks. Look at the manifold pressure sensor for being plugged too, that sort of thing. Turbo waste gate operation can be tested with an Air Management test. Don't forget the basics, check your air filter too. Hopefully they find something!

grandpa joe 71 Thanks this.
  5. grandpa joe 71

Oct 31, 2015
    Thank you for all your help

6. grandpa joe 71

Oct 31, 2015
    Well I have an update its not the exhaust gas pressure sensor but they have done some more checks and find low boost and a sensor by one of the turbos has oil on it so the tech wants to look at turbos I know there is a process for everything but this is starting to become just throwing parts at it until it'd fixed

7. Texnmidwest

Texnmidwest Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2015
    I had a 2013 Maxxforce and had the same problem. Turns out my issue was solved by replacing the fuel pump.

8. grandpa joe 71

Oct 31, 2015
    Hmm I never thought about that maybe dealer hasn't either

9. Texnmidwest

Mar 6, 2015
    From what the mechanic said....the maxxforce engines are hard on fuel pumps. In the 6 months I had mine I went through 2 fuel pumps.

10. grandpa joe 71

Oct 31, 2015
    Just got off phone with dealer apparently the fuel pump is fine they said they are still diagnosing more I know I am really disappointed in this engine Navistar should just pull all these engines

Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  11. Texnmidwest

Mar 6, 2015
    Dang, I thought we had the solution.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.