2011 Cascadia rear tail light problem

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Matts155, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Matts155

Matts155 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    thanks for the air filter instruction, my companys shop is always backed up and anything I can do myself, I will just to save time and stay one the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    What did this turn out to be? I have exactly the same problem, except it's the passenger side tail light.

4. Animosus

Animosus Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2015
    SE Wyoming
    It is most likely an internal error with either the SAM_CAB or SAM_CHASSIS. One tail light and one headlight are operated by either module so that in the event of a failure you at least have some sort of lighting available to you. Unless you have diagnostic link a dealer visit is most likely. Unless of course it's just the light or the harness at the rear of the truck.

5. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    I do have DDDL, but there is no code. Upon closer inspection I found the tail light is not completely dark. It's just very dim. I guess that rules out a bad fuse.

I also have a problem with my wipers. They don't work on the high setting. They try to move but stick after an inch or so. The low speed and time delay settings work fine. I'm wondering if the two problems could be related. It's been a wet winter for me.

The SAM_CHASSIS was replaced under recall about a year ago.

6. Jarrods

Jarrods Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Vin? You probably have a corroded wire causing the dim light. The wipers I would suspect the stalk switch.

7. Jarrods

Jarrods Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Oh nvm the stalk switch. I missed the part where they move slightly. Would need your Vin to get wire numbers so you can check your wiring. If your wiring is ok then Prolly a wiper motor issue

8. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
    I had this same problem and had it fixed at the shop. They told me it was a short caused by a leak above the windshield... Go figure.

mhyn and fargonaz Thank this.
  9. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    Last 6 is AE1647.

10. Jarrods

Jarrods Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2016
    For the wiper you need to measure voltage at pin d on the wiper motor. Turn wipers to high with key on. You should get battery voltage.

With the dim light check voltage on the circuit 23H. Pin B and pin E (ground). At theconnector the plugs into the light.

11. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    typical problem with Cascadia. I had 2 burned sam modules, replaced windshield seal and it leaks again. I am just waiting when the next sam module will be burned by water.

AtticusRoad Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.