2011 Volvo 670 D13 Engine Power Loss

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by owenismo, Jan 10, 2016.

1. owenismo

owenismo Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I have a 2011 Volvo 670 with a D13 engine. After driving a couple hundred miles, there is a significant power loss. My RPM is below 1000, down shifting doesn't help either. I can only go 30-40 mph. If I pull over and turn off the engine and wait 10 minutes, everything is back to normal. I've spent over $10,000 in repairs and still haven't found the issue. I barely found this forum and some threads say it is the fuel injector or the DPF filter. I have replaced the DPF filter already. I just want to make sure, so that is why I am asking.

Also, do you guys have a trust worthy mechanic? I am located in City of Industry. Tired of getting scammed and cheated by other mechanics. Already went through three and none of them have even checked my injectors....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reefer101

reefer101 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    fuel filter

owenismo Thanks this.
  4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    well the first thing i would ask, is there any codes popping up when this is happening in your engine ecu. that will tell you if you have electrical issues or if you have something mechanical. to me it sound like something that would be mechanical but you're not giving out to much info to go on.

owenismo Thanks this.
  5. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    also when they replace your injectors did they replace cups as well was this done at a volvo dealer or was it done at a shop. is there any warnings coming up when this is happening like a derate or something of that sort. y were your filters replaced did they have a crack or were they just throwing parts to figure out maybe what it could be. what kind of milage do u have on this thing.

owenismo Thanks this.
  6. owenismo

owenismo Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Sorry, what I meant to say was the DPF filter was replaced, the injectors are what I plan on replacing next. I have about 650k on mileage on it.

The work was done at a shop, not a dealer. The wait time is insane at the dealers.

7. Flipflops

Flipflops Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Do you have any codes popping up on the dash board? Did you change the EGR's?

owenismo Thanks this.
  8. nasriza

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    well i would highly suggest to replace injectors and cups at least make sure they properly check and see that there is no pressure in the coolng system and that no fuel or anything like that, but for this type of job you either go to place that have dealt with volvo engines for a long time or volvo dealer i don't know where you are located but there is not to many shops that deal with volvo specialy when it comes to injector cups and injectors

owenismo Thanks this.
  9. terryt

terryt Heavy Load Member

Apr 27, 2009
    If the truck runs fine after stopping it highly unlikely it the injectors. A bad injector is bad all the time. If it was my truck I would replace the wiring harness under the valve cover going to the injectors and engine brake. This harness get soaked with oil and causes all kind of problems any small crack will cause a short and volvo are know for this

owenismo Thanks this.
  10. owenismo

owenismo Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2016
    These are the engine codes I got

SA 0 SPN 102 FMI 17
    SA 0 SPN 1127 FMI 47
    SA 0 SPN 102 FMI 14
    SA 0 SPN 102 FMI 2
    SA 0 SPN 1127 FMI 14

I am going to have a mechanic look at it tomorrow. I really appreciate all of you guys spending your time helping out a fellow trucker. Much Thanks!

Flipflops Thanks this.
  11. mladen86

mladen86 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    Spn 1127 is turbocharger intake manifold pressure,so check turbo,hoses and pipes for leaks.

Spn 102 is engine intake manifold pressure,check sensor and harness.

owenismo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.