2011 Workstar with DT MAXX A/C Turning off

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Smellfunny, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Smellfunny

Smellfunny Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Here is the one outside cab. It is located on outside box for A/C and Heater Components.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    On the ones on the inside I replaced one and moved the other. Still having same issue. The one that I replaced had a cracked mechanism (where it turns the door).

4. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    The one outside is for the recirculate function/AC MAX. The cracking in that drive is very very common. The one that was cracked was probably white in colour and the new one black, right? I think they know it was too brittle. Anyway, after you change one the system needs to be re calibrated so the system knows where each stop is. You basically just kill power to the cab for 30 seconds and it will re calibrate automatically.

BoxCarKidd Thanks this.
  5. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    OK will give it a shot tomorrow. My day off... That now I have to 1) install a A/C Compressor/Dryer 2) install a fan hub assembly 3) replace a daveco fuel system 4) repair this A/C issue 5) run overhead on Detroit 14L 6) repair burnt electrical wiring in dashboard of Hino (of which I have no schematic). I think that is it for tomorrow. But Monday awaits..

Thanks for the help again.

6. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    No luck. I unplugged the batteries for about 2 hours. I think the motors are just spinning and spinning until they stop wherever. Usually ends up blowing out defrost and hot. The A/C compressor will run for a few mins and then turn off.
    I know one thing. This truck runs like CRAP when you first crank it up. DT MAXXForce.

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Injectors are gummy. Are you sure this is a 2011? I worked on two 2010 and up trucks this week all the actuators on inside.

8. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    I will double check Monday. This one has 2 inside that are identical and one outside that is triangle shaped.

9. Smellfunny

Jan 28, 2012
    South Carolina
    Only ended up getting half my list plus some other things done today. I also did a road call. Had a guy that had been sitting at the T/A for three days with ISX that they could not crank after they serviced it. He is rolling now. : )

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.