2012-2013Kenworth t700 cummings

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Young1991, Sep 22, 2015.

1. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    If they're painted red, they're original to the engine. They like to go belly up ~400 - 500k.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thed302

Thed302 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2014
    USA
    Having met the engineer that designed the electrical systems for all modern KW's, you'll understand why. Mainly, it helps to shorten diagnostic times. I can turn on the windshield washer pump from our dealer computers from a program called ESA, which is used by both Peterbilt and Kenworth to talk to the CECU. I can turn on the pump to see if it works, and I can also monitor the signal going to the CECU to see if the switch is working properly. It lets me know where to start looking for wiring problems in the off-chance something goes wrong. Was the multiplexed windshield washer pump absolutely necessary? Of course not. Do I like it that way? You bet your buns I do.

4. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Yeah, I've used ESA, as well. I mean, it's kinda easy to figure out that a windshield washer pump doesn't work when... it doesn't work. If the pump operates when you apply power with a Power Probe, then you know the pump itself is functional. Once you've ruled out fuses and relays, then you're left with a whole lot of wire to trace.
    I understand the benefits of multiplexing. But there was no need to reinvent the wheel here. Time saved diagnosing it is more than made up for in repairing it when it comes time to trace the wiring.

5. Thed302

Thed302 Light Load Member

Oct 30, 2014
    USA
    Haha
    I forgot that you work on 'em too. I'm not a fan of the pump being multiplexed either, as well as a few other things, but multiplexing makes a lot of other things easier! Gauges, for example. You can test the gauges via ESA easily. And the wiring for the gauges is so simple and clutter-free.

6. WitchingHour

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    I love the simulate feature, especially when I get a truck from one of these particularly obnoxious drivers who's constantly trying to look over my shoulder... they ask what I'm doing, so I'll show them that feature, put their speedometer up to 75 or 80, then I'll tell them to look and admire it for a minute, because they'll never see it again. Then they'll get pissed off, storm out of the shop, and leave me the hell alone until I'm done with their truck.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.