2012 ProStar Stop Engine alarm

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Bukrub, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bukrub

Bukrub Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Does anyone know how to shut off the blasted beeping? I had it in the dealer today. The boss wants me to limp it home. Not my truck and I don't care if it blows up, but if I don't get this beeping to stop I'm gonna end up sucking the business end of my 40 in the next 800 miles. It's already derated but I can maintain 65mph with it. Please tell me there is a fuse because I can't get to it under he dash. Seems to be buried.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    Those are usually mounted on the circuit board for the instrument cluster.
    What is causing the alarm that won't kill it in 800miles?

4. Bukrub

Bukrub Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
    It will most likely be dead long before I get home. It's showing several active codes. We had the DPF baked last week. It is now showing EGR, ETV and ETP, as well as a 2 of 3 suet level on the DPF since it won't regen.

5. 4x4_Welder

4x4_Welder Medium Load Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Eastern Orygun
    That will derate to 55mph and about 150hp soon, then 5mph on the next startup.

6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Pull the two breakers for the cluster from the fuse panel in front of the passenger seat. One is F2-G and I can't remember the other one, but they are labeled. This kills the whole cluster so the speedo is dead too, but if you have a gps you can still watch your speed, but at least the beeping will stop.

Bukrub Thanks this.
  7. Bukrub

Bukrub Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2016
    I didn't get a notification that you replied, but I did make it home at 60 MPH. The #### beeping is still in my head. Maybe by Monday it will be gone. Thanks for the input.

Heavyd Thanks this.
  8. chito

chito Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Thanks Heavyd. You're right, the F2-G fuse did magically kill the alarm and yes I was able to use the GPS as a backup speedometer. Here's a recap of my Level 4 event: http://chitopeppler.com/losing-horsepower/

Heavyd Thanks this.
  9. Kgrave3

Kgrave3 Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2022
    Please help. I’m having an issue with my 2012 prostar max force. It started running sluggish se we pulled over and checked the codes without a computer on the dash by turning the ignition on 4 times. Now it won’t start.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.