2012 volvo vibration

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by mladen86, Aug 24, 2014.

1. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    I see fuel in the second picture, You asked about a vibration and we answered. Are you now asking why the filter seems low to you? We answered that as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mladen86

mladen86 Medium Load Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    I was just wondering is it normal for fuel filter to be black like that at the bottom after five days. If not,maybe it has something to do with shaking.

There is another thread where guy had similar shaking and he, like you, replaced injector and cups and problem solved.

But, he said if he cruise at 60 mph on flat ground vibration is minimal,if he needs half trottle vibration is hard and when on full throttle vibration is gone.

His steering wheel wasn't shaking, mine does.

In my case there isn't any vibration on flat ground ,it shakes when it starts climbing, both on half and full throttle.

4. d281833

May 15, 2012
    Well by your own admission you have had the truck 14 days, what was the filter like before you changed it?

5. mladen86

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    [​IMG]

Thats the old filter. I dont know much about it, but the guy at petro said ot was dirty.

Just stopped at truck stop an hour ago, and checked wires on batteries. Contacts looked greenish,and again i was moving the wires around and truck seems to shakes less.

I have one active code, fmi5 which is low current voltage( open circuit) ,so i dont know, its anoying.

6. d281833

May 15, 2012
    Ok, well here's the gist on filters. Because it "looks" dirty doesn't mean it is. The way a Davco filter or any filter for that matter works is restriction, meaning the more or further up the fuel goes means the more restriction there is on the filter hence it has to be changed once it gets up to a certain point. That's like saying because your oil "looks " dirty after 5000 miles you should change it. Them so called mechanics at the TA's and Petro's are a hazard to say the least for drivers who don't know the difference.

7. mladen86

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    Ok, update. Left truck at volvo yesterday. They're going to replace injectors and cups. They're 99% sure that is the problem. Good thing its covered by warranty.

8. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    I'll say 100% replacing injectors will not solve the problem. Dealers like to replace expensive parts to make money even it under warranty money will come to shop account.
    Did they performed cylinder cutout test??? Or cylinders performance test??? I'm almost out of business because THEY'RE 99% SURE.
    By symptoms you have described to us the shaking begins when RPM is low and the torque is respectively high. Go under the truck to close inspection of the engine and the transmission support points, is transmission tight to the engine, is transmission end has no play . From the front to the rear. Check all U joints and the drive lines as well.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    mladen86 Thanks this.
  9. mladen86

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    Update

Got the truck back,they replaced all injectors and cups and some wires. So far so good, no vibration any more.

Thank everyone for help.

10. mkseal

mkseal Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Had same complaint last winter threw a code for a injector they replace it lasted 100 mi started doing same thing again the 2nd time they replaced injector harness that fixed it

11. mladen86

Aug 23, 2012
    Chicago,il
    I had 2 active codes, but nothing to do with injectors, first was oil level and second low voltage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.