2013 cummins isx 15

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by dc730, Jun 28, 2016.

1. dc730

dc730 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2016
    any info on this motor? looking to get a truck it has 2 years and 200k left on warranty and after treatment warranty it rated at 450hp . how reliable will it be from what i can tell should be fairly decent since it uses the def and isnt all dpf filter ? thanks for any info a bit nervous but this this is the better route as the whole drive line has factory warranty for 2 years and 200k miles vs buying a 1++ million mile truck pre egr for 30-40k will no warranty and spotty info on rebuilt maintenance etc...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. X mech

X mech Light Load Member

Nov 14, 2015
    Ardbrakinga30, post: 5302909, member: 183152"]any info on this motor? looking to get a truck it has 2 years and 200k left on warranty and after treatment warranty it rated at 450hp . how reliable will it be from what i can tell should be fairly decent since it uses the def and isnt all dpf filter ? thanks for any info a bit nervous but this this is the better route as the whole drive line has factory warranty for 2 years and 200k miles vs buying a 1++ million mile truck pre egr for 30-40k will no warranty and spotty info on rebuilt maintenance etc...[/QUOTE]
    I would prefer the latter of the two. I would be more curious why the truck was turned in so new. Low fuel mileage. You should be able to pull up a computer report from the truck. Showing all aspects of its previous operation. Ie; Engine hours, miles, hardbraking, any fault codes, MPG, etc

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    I used to drive a 2013 KW T-660 with the Cummins ISX 15 with a 10-speed manual. When I started driving it it had 202,000 miles on the odometer. My employer retired it and sold it a couple of months later,by which time I took it up to 219,000 miles. It was pretty decent on power,especially going up hills with heavy loads but the last few weeks I had the truck it was chugging thru coolant like no tomorrow(1 1/2 gallons within 3 weeks). It was partly sold because the truck had been rebuilt after an accident at some point(new front end suspension components,plus damage to the hood when I was given the truck initially),plus the company is streamlining its fleet. That being said,check the truck out thoroughly(or get a mechanic you can trust)to look the truck over before you sign on the dotted line and money changes hands

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.