2013 Pete 587

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by avmander, Aug 28, 2016.

1. avmander

avmander Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    hello
    i am looking to buy 2013 pete 587 with cummins and autoshift. i am just looking to get some reviews on it if someone have owned it or driven it. any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Ive never seen autoshift connected to a cummins motor.
    You sure its not a paccar engine?

avmander Thanks this.
  4. avmander

avmander Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    yes its cummins engine i am going to see it tomorrow.

5. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    Personally, as an owner I would stay away from an autoshift. Automatics depend on electronics and sensors and I had a friend chase ghost problems that cost him thousands during his start up and he never did bounce back from that. He drives local now for a comp

avmander Thanks this.
  6. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Is it an ultrashift? I've had one and so dose my cousin. Not one issue so far. He has almost 620k miles on it only had to change the x y shifter.

avmander Thanks this.
  7. avmander

avmander Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2016
    yes its an ultrashift. i am talking to the dealer and see if he can get me an extended warranty on it.
    thanks

8. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Got to think a lot of mega companies are using these transmissions granted its so they can put more drivers in the seat but they wouldn't spend the money if it weren't working. I spent 20 years shifting gears now I have a new Volvo with the I shift. Makes life easier. Yeah some of the drivers here are going to say something negative but that's ok it all about preference. I have had no trouble in regards to hills, snow or mud with an automatic. Just have to learn how to drive them.

avmander Thanks this.
  9. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
    Borrowed my buddy 2013 Pete with an ultra shift in it while my KW was in the shop getting its 13 speed (splitter issue). I get another truck and it will be an automatic.

avmander Thanks this.
  10. JKrabs

JKrabs Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Autoshifts are 3 pedal systems.
    Ultrashifts are 2 pedal systems.

Either way, from a financial standpoint they are great. I'd never even think about putting a driver in a manual transmission if I'd have to pay when he ####s it up. You'll see less trans wear, less clutch wear, and higher mpg with an ultrashift than you will with a similarly equipped manual.

avmander Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.