2015 Cascadia Idle Optimizer

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by KingpinR, Jun 28, 2014.

1. christopherwhaubner

christopherwhaubner Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2015
    All i do is push in yellow tractor parking brake and put my rubber flashlight on gas pedal under lip of dash.it idles at around 800rpm,all night and it dont send WARNING messages to dispatch saying long idle time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Hi there. I just got into brand new 2016 Cascadia with no APU whatsoever :-O. There is one new button on the dash, that I do not know anything about, but I suspect may be related to Idle issue somehow. The button says OPT on it and works similarily to UTLY LAMP (red light comes on when turned on). If anybody knows what is it for and how to use correctly, I'm dying to know. Manual says nothing. Below is a pic of it: image.jpg

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    opti -->optional. could be anything.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  5. Shawn benton

Shawn benton Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2015

6. Shawn benton

Shawn benton Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2015
    All I do to set opt idle is turn cruise off then back on. Idle mgmt light flashes for 5 min truck shuts off idle light goes solid. Truck will restart as needed. I have parksmart for climate control but the opt idle manages the battery. Ps for smoother shut off turn engine brake on low setting truck shuts down smooth was told that by freightliner mechanic

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  7. Matthew-Edward Odle

Matthew-Edward Odle Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2015

Who'd have known that this would work. I've been sitting for 2 hours on hold with the company and they couldn't tell me this! I read what you said and tried it. Now it's staying on! Thank you

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. 36750177

36750177 Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2014
    BABUJI SAID:
    Well, this is what I do on my 2015 Evo(auto)1> Make sure the the CC is off completely, so you don't see the round sign on the dash, 2>Press the resume/acc button once and i have noticed my RPM just takes a gasp, by which i mean from 500 rpm to 510 rpm. You don't even notice that on the dash bcos it is incremental in 100 rpm, but trust me, i am idling in hot Kelowna all day at 510 rpm and i does not shut off.

Well I am sitting in my 2015 Cascadia (auto) and this doesn't work. Been having issues with this truck for about a week now. It did work when I tricked the computer and had the tractor brakes released, the trailer brakes were holding the truck and the computer thought the truck was sitting at a stop light. It worked for 1 whole night and never worked again. Back to square one....
    PS: This truck does not have the Optimizer Idle feature or the thermostat box in the sleeper.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  9. Imsirfoghorn

Imsirfoghorn Bobtail Member

May 25, 2019
    What does it mean if the idle mgmt light blinks??

10. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Put weight on accelerator ...I use a 30lb square head dumbbell...then start truck..it will then idle 24/7 ...at around 600rpm ... works on my 2016 Freightliner

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.