2015 Cascadia Sleeper Reading light problem

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Adrian_M, May 1, 2016.

1. Adrian_M

Adrian_M Bobtail Member

May 27, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey guys and gals, I'm in a 2015 Cascadia Evo and the sleeper reading light (in the corner) went out about a month ago or so. I barely stop moving for more than the mandatory down-time, so I've put it off (its a reading light and I don't read much in bed on anything that isn't backlit). I replaced the bulb, which fit loosely despite being the same type of bulb, but nothing happened.

I can't find anything in the owner's manual that mentions it specifically on the fuses and relays list, so I wondered if any of you have run into this. I figured I'd ask here before dealing with company breakdown, since it's barely a minor issue; nothing else but that light has gone out/stopped working, so I assumed it has its own fuse.

Thanks ya'll and keep the shiny side up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Hard.

5. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    A bump but..

The sleeper switch panel is apparently cheap and goes bad frequently. I lost my reading light followed by the 1 dome light shortly after, the switches themselves were going bad.

6. slavcha

slavcha Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Utica NY
    Loose connection some where. I don't think its got fuse for it. Its multiplex wiring and controlled from same controller as rest of your interior lights.

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    My reading light does the same thing. I can tap the light or the wall next to the switch to get it to come on... and a dome light that does whatever it wants.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.