2015 Prostar - Engine Brake - WTF?

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by MM3Deg, Jul 25, 2015.

1. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I run regional TX, OK, NM, LA loads between 9-14K.... with the occasional local DH loads at 44K.
    So life is manageable without it.

I'm pretty happy with this truck, last thing I want to do is risk losing it to a shop delay for something that is not mission critical.

The guy that had it before me was fired for running it off the road over a curb, and I do have to grind the clutch pedal into the floor to get the truck to start. Odds are it is something with the pedal.. cruise and everything else is working correctly so far.

These are the only two issues other than cosmetic damage to the skirt and step on drivers side, and a non matching white drive wheel on passenger side. All things considered, I feel lucky to be a rookie that scored a 2015 that had only 100K.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. turnanburn

turnanburn Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2011
    central Vermont
    On my last 2 trucks I have had to stick my toe under both the throttle and clutch pedal from time to time to get the jake to work. 99 Pete 379, and now a FLD120sd 04. On the freightliner it's the pedal pivot point that gets bound up and the throttle assembly spring is fine but just can't push enough. Just some cleaning and lube and it gets sorted out.

4. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    The toe under the pedal is the fix!

Thanks!

Heavyd Thanks this.
  5. devedo

devedo Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Most that have a clutch switch will not start if the clutch switch is broken.

Sticking it will start, but on some cruise will not work either and neither will idle bump on some. They should be able to tell by hooking it up to a computer and checking switch responses.

6. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Wait.. The pro star maxxforce come with engine brakes?.... Hmmmp not the ones I've driven lol. It has the buttons and you could hear it turn on. Yet some how still end up driving 70 down donner lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.