2016 Emergency Response Guide - Picked mine up today, they must be valuable or something.......

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by RootHog, Jul 16, 2016.

1. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    I was in Dallas today, and between wanting to choke drivers for staying hooked to trailers and making it almost impossible to drop a trailer, I decided to run inside and get a new ERG book, since they told us to pick one up.

Not that I wanted to keep the old one, but I had to go all the way back out to my truck, get the old one, and bring it inside in order to get a new one. Totally didn't understand the logic of that. It was only minorly annoying.

More annoyed at the folks who cannot follow simple directions and drop trailers, rather than stay hooked to them. A few months ago, I had to go in there to pick up a trailer, and it was sandwiched between two drivers who stayed hooked. One of them wasn't in their truck, I woke the other one up and told him needed to move. That situation got heated temporarily, but he finally conceded and dropped his trailer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I spent the night there last night.
    You're right, lazy truckers stayed hook in the loaded and empty row.
    I dropped my trailer and went to the bobtail row. It was fun trying to get around all the trucks parked surrounding my trailer in the morning. :eek:

I could understand if there was no parking elsewhere but that wasnt the case

4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Try Dallas on a week night, there is hardly any parking available, it looks like a truck stop sometimes.

5. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    Picked my book up in Lebanon, they just had them sitting on the table.

6. RootHog

RootHog Heavy Load Member

May 23, 2008
    NWA
    I only stop there if absolutely necessary. Rather stay outside of town if I have to be anywhere near there for a pickup or delivery.

7. Fx9

Fx9 Light Load Member

May 30, 2016
    Perfect time to take a pic , walk inside and say " im not going to be responsible for what is about to happen " ....

8. duddie

duddie Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Just left Dallas OC this morning. Haven't been here in 3 years and I was reminded why...I found a good spot but it looks like a recipe to get your hood parallel parked next to you lol

9. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Picked mine up for free of Android app store

10. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    Gary asked me to bring the old one to them after I picked up mine. I'm still working on it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.