2016 Volvo Recall Class-Action Suit

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Jay1978, Mar 26, 2016.

1. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Not sure but give me a few minutes to check......now where did I put that China manufacture phone book?

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    LMAO !!!!!

otherhalftw Thanks this.
  4. Eeyore05

Eeyore05 Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2015
    'Sconni
    And like I said using logical deduction, which you apparently did not...
    Soooo, you still went ahead and bought a truck that you knew had this problem for years (your words, not mine), and you claim to be logical person? This doesn't bode well for your lawsuit.

5. Jay1978

Jay1978 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I discovered the history of the issues after the fact. LOGICALLY, I had no reason to research that specific problem about these trucks before hand. What I knew before hand was that there WAS and issue that had been FIXED according to Volvo's instructions. Volvo erred and reissued another recall, citing the original problem they suspected was not in fact the problem, but another problem. Besides that, logic plays no part in a material breach of warranty. If I buy something that someone warranties to be good, and/or fixed, I am relying on and trusting that warranty as a cerification and good faith that there either is no issue, or any issues had been resolved, and it turns out it isn't or wasn't, that is a breach.

Now, things happen, I can understand that, but this issue was negligently fixed, and by and through Volvo's good reputation, I relied on that negligent representation, unbeknownst to me at the time, to make the purchase. There's a big difference there!

But, By your argument, I shouldn't buy a McDonald's coffee either because I should know that the coffee will be hot and could scald me if the lid pops off and gets spilled on me. Admittedly, that lawsuit was frivilous in my opinion, and it didn't pose a massive threat to the motoring public like this does, but a jury decided she was right.

Or maybe, by your logic, I shouldn't buy any vehicle equipped with airbags, given the latest news. Tell me then, what choices for transportation I would have being all vehicles are equipped with them.

I can go on and on with 'What If' scenarios, but at the end of the day, logic has no bearing under the law. What matters is what is written and the material facts surrounding any issues. This is not a case where mommy told you not to play with fire or you might get burned, this is a case of getting burned after she told you fire was safe and okay to play with.

6. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    179 on a Volvo. Should have bought a nice Pete or kW for that

Jay1978 and Eeyore05 Thank this.
  7. Jay1978

Jay1978 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2016
    You're probably right!

8. Yves kanevil

Yves kanevil Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Nighthawk
    My personal opinion is that I really doubt your lawsuit will get anywhere. I'm sure the two dozen lawyers that volva will have on this will twist and turn the problem into something that was not that bad to the eyes of the court. Hopefully you can get a new part soon but I doubt lost time will be paid. Trucks are mechanical machines and mechanical things fail. Mechanical failures could even happen to the one piece shaft, less likely but still possible

9. Jay1978

Jay1978 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I do not wear rose colored glasses. I realize Volvo will vigoirously defend their position. But there is no way to minimize this particular issue. I am also not expecting to get rich quick, in fact, I may not get anything, but that is not a reason to still not fight for what I believe. And at the end of the day, if we do win, the naysayers will be standing right there with their hands out, wanting a piece.

10. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Whatever happened with your class action against Volvo? You've been quiet for almost a month.

11. Jay1978

Jay1978 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2016
    LOL, been filed, takes time, doesn't happen over night.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.