387 Pete Injector Noise?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by sailboatjim, Aug 18, 2016.

1. sailboatjim

sailboatjim Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Boston, Mass
    I've got a 2007 Pete with ISX and I'm wondering if you guys can tell me if you have any rf problems with injector noise in these trucks? I would be using a Kenwood 2000, Tarheel 100 antenna and a 500 or so watt amp.

The truck I'm currently driving is an International with a 3406e in it and the rf injector noise is out of this world bad. I've tied everything on the truck together with braided straps that I can tie and it's still bad. It transmits fine though as I can easily talk around the world on 100 watts. It's hearing them that I'm having trouble with. It also screws with the electronics in the cat truck if I run an amp or more than 100 watts.

How about the Cummins Isx/Pete Combo? Is it noisy too?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well im gonna take a stab at it...Dont know if you have done it or not but run power/ground direct to battery...Try and use a heavier ga wire from amp/radio and keep it away from coax...Sometimes it can be solved and sometime you might end up useing a filter...
    I hear mine when i start up the truck for a second or two but as soon as i hit my high beams(After market hids)and or plug in my gps,it comes through my cb..Burns ma butt tryin to hear some times..
    More will chime in soon but maybe its a start..I hear my stereo pulseing into my cb as soon as sirius connects to..

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. TheDude1969

TheDude1969 Heavy Load Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Joliet, Il
    I've driven about everything but a pete, and never had injector noise... plenty of other noises, but not injectors. My experiance is if it taps(like an injector would), its GPS, or on-board computer. If it revs with the engine its alternator. And finally if it increases with road speed its road static coming from the tires.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Yes injection noise happens because the ECM wiring isn't properly shielded so the noise (in the form of ultrasonic frequencies and their harmonics) gets into everything.

6. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    Would you be Able to post some pics up of the Tar Heel antenna if possible .

7. sailboatjim

Aug 27, 2014
    Boston, Mass
    I was really just wondering if I could expect the same noise problems with the ISX and Pete that I have with the International and Cat 3406e. If I let completely out of the throttle on the Cat I can hear signals that I could not hear with the throttle down. I've done all the normal stuff that you would do to eliminate noise and everything is very quite with the motor off. I talked to the Ukraine late night mobile on 40 meters a month or two ago and that was running 100 watts so it radiates a decent signal for sure. It works like a hose on 20 meters and does a good job on 80 too. It's hearing them that I'm having trouble with and I was just wondering if I could expect the same noise in the Pete ISX combo. The tarheel is mounted on the drivers side headache rack and is angled back slightly. This is the 1500 watts version antenna and it takes a beating back there too.

8. Neverready

Neverready Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Pocomoke City, Md.
    DBT radio web site had.a injector noise fix with instructions and parts named so you could do it yourself. He has run afoul of the law so website may be down.

sailboatjim Thanks this.
  9. sailboatjim

Aug 27, 2014
    Boston, Mass
    Thanks Ill look around

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.