4900 windshields

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by vikingswen, Apr 30, 2016.

1. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    I was wondering when they changed windshields from a rubber seal to being glued and if I could retrofit the glued windshield to the rubber seal? I am on my third windshield for the driver side and the second on the passenger side within the last year. A lot of the installers are hacks and it would be nice to just have one with the rubber seal to put them in myself without having to cut the adhesive. Also, the local glass place has an option for a heated windshield which would make a nice addition in the winter since the defrost system sucks on the truck. I usually have the option of a clear windshield and frozen side windows or vice versa.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I don't know if they can be retrofitted or not. When I ordered mine last year I wanted a roped in windshield, WS will only give you that if you order the extreme duty cab.

vikingswen Thanks this.
  4. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    I had to have my glued in ones changed. Now the rubber looks like crap. It doesn't fit back in nice and tight. Dealer says the rubber is just cosmetic......but it ain't no more once it's disturbed.

vikingswen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.