6/21/16 Is the beginning of my Schneider career!!!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Waggledaddy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    You are on a dedicated account.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    that runs at least 30% system loads. like my current and next assignment.

4. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    A wise old TE that allowed me to pick his brain with never ending questions a day or 2 ago. Some may disagree with me and I'm ok with that, but it's how "I" do it.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  5. 91B20H8

Oct 17, 2012
    That too but the thread blew up all of a sudden

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Gotta disagree - the computer does make calculations. As SPA matches drivers to freight it generates rough eta and nat. As long as the eta is before the end of the customers window and the driver has at least 1 minute left on the smallest of their clock it is a "possible dispatch". Unless the APM has a reason to disagree they assign the load.

At that point the dbl is "supposed" to review the load for appropriateness and push etas and nat so they fit within the customers window. If Spa thinks you can make pick up at 4:55 but the load isn't ready until 0800 the dbl is supposed to push everything back by 3 hours. Then the dbl launches the load to the truck.

In reality the dbl is too busy and the load automatically goes to the truck after 30 minutes.

Hitting accept is what shows you'very reviewed the load. OPS can go back and see each of the changes a driver has made. Lazy dbl (cough Jason cough) use the round number as a crutch instead of knowing their drivers, reading and COMPREHENDING the dispatch screen.

I'very met several APMs. They tend to have the personalities of people playing candy crush, angry birds, or other mindless drivel. Not that I have a problem with mindless drivel for relaxation but I prefer higher order thinking when my wallet is inv o lved.

7. 91B20H8

Oct 17, 2012
    @gentleroger Ouch that hits home, and yeah, still miss Jamie

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Every time he sends the weekend "don't call to discuss the impact of Austrian industrial capacity in 1914 as it relates to modern greek yogurt" message I want to reach thru the QC and give him a dope slap.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  9. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    No. It seems that they wait to assign me to one until my current assignment is complete. While with my trainer I remember him getting them before we were halfway to our destination. I'm usually sitting at minimum an hour until I get a new assignment. Some times I've been sitting 3 hours. Once they forgot to send it to me and I called in after 5 hours. Crazy.

10. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Ok, for now try to make it as close to your set etd as possible. Till you can show the 90 day dbl what you can do. You may need to try to have the convo with them to do better by you to at least put the next one on you rather than wait., Be the squeaky wheel man. At some point they are going to have to release that leash some more.

Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  11. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Do you think anyone working at Schneider actually knows the correct answer to this? My TE said one thing. The instructors said another. Everyone on here can't agree. Lol as long as we don't hit poles I guess we're alright!!!!

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.