6/21/16 Is the beginning of my Schneider career!!!

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by Waggledaddy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    One day at home after being out two weeks is not enough. Especially considering I have to do laundry and grocery shopping. I got held up real bad today first in Jacksonville at the receiver. Then twenty miles from Orlando some dummy in a four wheeler decided to crash causing them to shut down the whole #### interstate. I lost almost four hours there. Day from hell just trying to get home. It's a rough way to make a living.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Waggledaddy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Waggledaddy

Waggledaddy Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2016
    I made my 600 miles. 605 to be exact. So just barely made it. I also got 9.2mpg. Which was good. It bumped me back to overall 7.7mpg since I started. It was a nice light load. 9k lbs. I left at about 5 am and stopped at 5pm. Ended with 45 min on the clock. And I had to stop and get fuel. Didn't hit one hiccup at all. Really good drive.

This morning I overslept. By about an hour. Don't know what happened. I guess I must have turned off the alarm clock and said F it lol. Whoever that guy was, the guy that woke up was ticked at him. It didn't effect my delivery. I always plan to be an hour early. Instead I was 20 min early. Small warehouse. Really cool though because they house the engine blocks for the Detroit DD15. It was absolutely packed with engine blocks. Pretty cool. Funny though. It's made in South Africa. Nothings more Detroit than South Africa? Was the South Africa name for an engine already taken?

My wife said I got some Schneider magazine in the mail. I get more things in the mail from Schneider than anyone else. And it's funny because of all my other mail buddies (bill collectors and coupon books), Schneider is the one that knows I'm not ever home. They take up all of my time when I'm on the road then when I get a chance to get home they want me to focus on opening all of their mail. Like a jealous girlfriend. But my wife was flipping through this newsletter I guess and it has an article, I guess you'd call it, to be on the look out for terrorists and report and suspicious activity such as: taking pictures of bridges and tunnels and Mount Rushmore (I added Mount Rushmore). Really? Is that what terrorists are doing? I saw some white girls taking a picture next to a Kentucky sign once. Should I have reported that? But is this seriously what we think they're up to now? "We can get back at the devil country, America, by blowing up a bridge. But first we'll need pictures. And don't take them while you're driving it's against the law there. We don't want to get any tickets for using our devil devices while driving". I went way too long into that. But the whole time typing I did it in what I believe a terrorist accent would be. I highly suggest you read it that way yourself. I think we're giving them too much credit. They're clearly more concerned with blowing up the monocle off of Mr. Peanuts face in Times Square. This fear mongering has really reached its point with me. I've given up Facebook and the news. I'm pretty much a hermit to this site and other nonsense that is amusing rather than politics and the constant negativity of news. I had no idea there was a big storm down south till I got that message on the Qualcomm.

Anyway, I'm about loaded and I've got a 550 mile trip back south ahead of me. I don't know what's going on down there but it's 63°here right now. Was 58 when I woke up. Gorgeous weather. I like it.

cobudbelly, 91B20H8 and TennMan Thank this.
  4. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Real quick. Funny story. Went to the OC in Edwardsville to fuel. I ran to the bathroom and fueled in the amount of time it takes you to get in and out of the gate. I go to leave. Lady asks for my driver number. I give it to her. She says "that trailer is not assigned to you. You'll have to back up slow and safe and pick up the correct trailer or call your DBL." Before I can respond she's gone. I picked up this trailer in West Memphis on Saturday. I push the button and she responds faster than anyone ever before when a button is pushed in the history of buttons says "driver number". I'm thinking??? How would I have been able to back up and someone get to the speaker in 10 seconds. But I respond "ma'am there's gotta be something wrong with your computer. I've had this trailer for 3 days." "Fine, go ahead and go" she responds. Lol I'm still laughing over not being assigned a trailer I've had for days. Huh?

5. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    2 days and I get a small vacation. Going out to Chattanooga TN to spend some much needed quality time with the monster in law. She's not that bad. Actually, she's quite nice. I don't like nice people. Well, overly nice people. They just have no substance. Wait. My wife is overly nice. I guess that's why we work. 14 years so far. I'm argumentative. She's agreeable.

But guess what? My clocks running out lol. Surprise surprise. I've got 12 hours left for today and tomorrow. I'm set up for 3 live unloads. With a total of 200 miles today if I'm lucky. If all goes well I can be done by 3pm. Have 6 hours or more left for tomorrow and be done 2 hours from home. I was wondering if they put me on a load to go back home and I got home today instead of tomorrow if that would count against my TAH%. Which got me thinking more about how that system works. Is it just the days that I am at home? Do 34 hour restarts count on the road? Or just scheduled days? I really don't know how it works.

milehunter43 Thanks this.
  6. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    whats counted is the number of days shown on duty in some capacity. for as little 5 minutes. wink. this is measured against whatever parameters are setup for your line of business. which I think is 81 days or somethimg close. all 24 hrs off duty counts against unless you are using paid vacation time.

so on a 34 , if you shut down at say 0005 and went back on duty the minute you were eligible 34 hrs later, you show onduty time in both 24 hr periods. no ding. get it?

91B20H8 and Waggledaddy Thank this.
  7. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Purrrfect. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm a system hacker by nature. I knew asking my DBL wouldn't get the answer I was looking for. I got it now.

8. 91B20H8

91B20H8 Road Train Member

Oct 17, 2012
    The Heart of the North, Mi
    There are times when I have been home for 3 or 4 days and mistakenly left myself on duty and had to go back and edit for a 34 winkX2

mickeyrat and Waggledaddy Thank this.
  9. Waggledaddy

Feb 24, 2016
    Hmmmm Hurry and delete to keep the secrets safe!!!

10. Giovany

Giovany Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2016
    Virginia
    How was it? I'm looking into going to them to do the training too I just got my license so I have no experience

11. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    3 hours is the threshhold (in theory)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.