90 for 90

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by rpad139, Mar 20, 2014.

1. seamallowance

seamallowance Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Those with a year of experience: be advised that there is now a $120/day guarantee program available. It is not exactly offered, as there has been no effort for them to offer it.

(The only information that May offers are Safety messages. Other than the daily safety messages, the company ignores their drivers.)

Ask your DM for details.

blwjr Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blwjr

blwjr Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Modesto, CA
    (The only information that May offers are Safety messages. Other than the daily safety messages, the company ignores their drivers.)

You hit the nail on the head there.

4. Lux Prometheus

Lux Prometheus Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    San Venganza, Tx
    Since I don't work for May, how about you give me the details, please? ;-)

5. seamallowance

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    IF you already have a year of OTR experience under your belt, there is a $120/day guarantee option available. (And if you already have over a year OTR experience, there is a sign-on bonus available)

Key words: option, over a year OTR, your mileage may vary, ask your Doctor if the guarantee is right for you, etc.

6. Sailguy

Sailguy Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2013
    If you already have a year experience why would you ever choose May? Lots of better choices out there.

seamallowance Thanks this.
  7. seamallowance

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    There are certainly lots of choices; whether they're actually better is not so clear. Here on the West Coast, the CPM rates are equivalent with what May pays. I'm looking, yessiree, but I have found nothing that makes me wanna make the jump.
    With two years, you have a plethora of choices. With one year, not so much.
    (I am based out of Yolo. Lathrop/French Camp is pretty far for me)

8. seamallowance

Dec 1, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    One of the things that sticks in my craw about May is this little white lie that they tell you about the 90/90 program: (paraphrased) "and if you exceed those miles, we'll pay you the difference!"

Actually, they won't. They lie like a rug. They won't. They don't. I have yet to meet a driver who has had anything paid out to them afterwards.

Don't believe them. You will get your $90.00 and not a penny more.

9. SMIDAK

SMIDAK Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2014

As a current driver with MTC (circa March 2014) I can explain how the flat rate program works and how it has worked for me.

Starting out new drivers are paid a flat rate of $90 a day for a term of 90 days. You can cancel this and come off the flat rate pay and go back onto regular cpm at any time with the only stipulation being that you cannot reenroll in the program. Now, if you allow the 90 day term to mature you can have your DM reenroll you for another 90 days at 95 $/dy. Every 90 days your flat rate goes up $5/day capping out at $125 a day.

As for the "difference pay"... yes they do pay you the difference.
    I started out at .30cpm and after 6 months got a raise to .31cpm. Any miles you drive over your flat rate is paid out at the end of each 90 day term.
    I've had two 90 day terms with may and each time I have received a difference pay of between $600 and $800 and with the miles I have been getting on this term (2,800+) I expect my next difference pay to be higher. I've heard rumors of some guys getting difference checks of $2000 but I don't personally see how that's feasible.

10. i12drivetoday

i12drivetoday Bobtail Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NW Oregon
    When I worked for may I did the 90/90. I did 48 and got $912 after my 90 was up. It was listed as BLNC wage on my pay statement, which I assume means 'balance wages' but can't be sure.

I left may because they never could pay me on time. One week I was paid $0 and was given an "advance" to cover my medical that was taken out. No, I wasn't home, I drove 2700 miles that week. They "claimed" that they didn't get the bills on time. Yet, I used my iPhone to send the bills through the app and I could go online with my laptop and not only see the paperwork, but see that THEY had accessed it the day after I sent it.

After this happening for about 5 weeks, I dropped may and went to drive for my wife's uncle.

Can't beat nepotism. I make $1400+ driving up and down I5 only.

11. SMIDAK

SMIDAK Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2014

Bills must be scanned by midnight on Tuesday to be on that weeks pay cycle... that could have been why.
    But yeah you won't make $1400/wk at may so keep doing what you're doing lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.