98 international 9400 engine swap

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by AshtonMarie81, May 29, 2016.

1. AshtonMarie81

AshtonMarie81 Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Looking for any information on how to swap out a cummins m11 330hp. For a cat 3406 with 400 to 425hp... matted up to a super 10 transmission...

Not sure if the tired oil leaking m11 is worth fully overhauling in this project truck, that will eventually be ran in east coast and central OTR runs.. want a reliable engine with decent power and decent mpgs. I know its no big time hauler but this is for a father/daughter truck project.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jguil93

Jguil93 Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2019

Did You do the engine swap?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    For what one is worth, I would be hard pressed to do a sex change on one. I have a 97 that is in just about as good of shape inside and out as any used truck you could find, except for the air bags will now need replacing, because for the last 8 years, I just crank it a few times a summer and drive it a block or two down the road. I pulled it in last year and replaced the exhaust and maxi brakes and a lot of little things that I figured needed doing if I ever use it again, just from setting. It has the eagle interior and it is plush with the swivel seats and I even ordered the same drivers seat to match the upholstery when I changed it. I don't know how many different people has tried to buy it, but it is really worth less than what I could get for hauling one load, so no sense in selling it, other than I would never have to put batteries in it again. lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.