99 eagle 9200 fuel gauge and ac issue

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by DDS60, Sep 2, 2015.

1. DDS60

DDS60 Light Load Member

have some issues with my eagle and looking for some advice on troubleshooting. The compressor won't start up unless I jumper power to it. Fuse is good and relay is good. Not sure what else controls it and maybe I can just wire switched power to it.

The bigger problem is my fuel gauge doesn't work properly. I'm in need of troubleshooting to find the proper issue. I'm. Not sure how it's wired and how it operates. I tried a new gauge to no luck. The gauge operates in the bottom 1/8or 1/4 to nothing like it would normally. When full its at about 1\4 and when gets empty it goes down to the bottom. Any help is appreciated thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Sending unit in tank for the fuel gauge and don't get me started on ac.

What's more then likely happened is the tank level float has bent or has sunk.

4. DDS60

DDS60 Light Load Member

Must be some way to make Sure the wiring between tank an gauge is good. I can remove the centre cable and run on the ground cable and still goes to the same spot on gauge. Won't pass 1/4 tank.

5. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Test light for power on tank ammeter for the sending unit. See how resistance it puts out

6. DDS60

DDS60 Light Load Member

The power was putting down 4.8 volts I believe and .015 resistance if I remember so I guess 15 ohms and prob 3/4 tank in there

7. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Fuel level senders are normally around 90 ohms when full and near zero when empty. If it reads at the lower levels ok, but not fuller, I would say the sender in the tank has failed.
    As far your A/C goes, I need to know if you have an APADS module on the firewall near the coolant tank or not.

8. DDS60

DDS60 Light Load Member

Maybe I'll pick up a sender and give it a try. I'm hesitant to think that's it. Before the gauge quit it would occasionally spike to empty randomly. Maybe once every couple days.

The truck has apads. When I first bought the truck 2 years ago the fan was stuck on. And because of apads the truck had no high pressure switch. So one was put in and apads bypassed. Last year I found the apads module I a wreck so installed it on the truck and hooked it up the way it should be again. It worked for a year and this apads doesn't seem to light up anymore. But the truck will not supply 12v down the apads line or the one that's originally there from the truck.

9. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Ok, on your APADS module, disconnect the 6 wire plug, (not all cavities have a wire in it). Pin 2 should be ignition power in, (red wire) and ground is pin 4, (black wire). Make sure you have power and ground there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.