A few Lease Questions

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by akfisher, Apr 16, 2016.

1. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    This is probably a stupid question but if you do a lease purchase do you have to strictly with that company or so many miles per year or what?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Doesn't matter if you are lease purchasing or you bring your own truck to the party. You are providing your truck for the exclusive use of that carrier.

4. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    I assumed that was the case because you arent running on own authority correct? Their plates always or is their an option?

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Not completely sure ... depends on the carrier. Some pay for the plates anyway, so no point in bringing our own.

6. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    Right just wasnt sure. Surely all of the mega leasers have different stipulations be interesting to know differences.

7. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Get ready for the scolding from the anti lease purchase crusaders

8. akfisher

Apr 23, 2015
    No I am not going to lease with a mega. Just was thinking of what rules they have one compared to other. I mean if they get their payment thats number one important thing. Second is hauling their freight. I am not really thinking of leasing just questions here.

9. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Clauses in the insurance policies, getting the payments is the main thing from the driver's perspective, its a little more complicated for the Authority holder.

akfisher Thanks this.
  10. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Not strictly true. Read the contract, there is at least one driver on here that leased his truck through one company and has moved with the same truck to another. The lease went with him. But in most cases there is a clause in the contract that holds you to one company.

11. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
    You have dealerships that lease. Guess as long as you have job lined up they will work with you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.